Tension rising.

Warning: grown up stuff happening.

When we all sit down again I look at the boys. "Ok so this is something I haven't told a lot of people, my family and closest friends obviously know. I don't want it to be a big deal, it's just something that happened and I just really want to move on.
I have to admit, I didn't expect talking about it would make me cry again. I had a psychiatrist in the hospital who came to talk every day. So I am fine ok."
I can tell they are skeptical, but they nod anyway.
"If you are ever not fine, please let me know ok. I'm here for you" Daniel looks into me eyes and gives me a reassuring smile.
"Thanks, I will." I know deep inside I really don't want to bother him with my shit, but it's nice to hear him say that.
He is tracing the lines of my tattoo on my leg. It tickles but in a very good way. I actually get goosebumps where he's touched my.
"So what is this one?" He asks.
"It's actually a phoenix, it goes up my leg quite high." I pull up the fabric of my short a bit so he can see. "It's not finished yet, you see the top part is colored in, but the rest still has to be done. I just had to save up some money again and didn't have the time to continue yet. But I will eventually get it finished."
"I love it, I've got tattoos on my legs as well." As if I didn't know that yet.

I smile,"I know, you've got a few. I've got more as well, my other thigh has one as well, my lower back and in between my shoulder blades I've got a smaller one."
He tries to look at my other leg, but that one is a lot higher so he can't see it.
"You can't see it mate, we have been looking at that leg the entire evening, but it's not visible." Max tells Daniel.
"Are you checking out my legs Max?" I tease him and see his face turn red.
"What? No, it's just because you're wearing shorts we can see your leg."
I start laughing,"that was way too easy Max. I'm just teasing you."
He tries to look angry, but I'm not falling for it.
"So you like to play jokes huh?" He asks.
I nod,"off course I do. Especially when somebody falls for it so easily."
"Well I hope you realize you just became friends with 6 of the best pranksters on the grid right. So you'd better watch your back." He points at the other guys.
"Oh damn now I'm scared. Wait you actually said we are friends now?" I ask.
"Absolutely. We can see how much Daniel cares for you, he's going all caveman style wanting to protect you. So as long as you treat him well, you are now part of our crazy F1 family." Pierre confirms what Max said.
They all nod in agreement and I can't help but give them the biggest smile I have.
"That's really sweet and I could never hurt him, he's the best guy ever. Or at least as far as I know now. Still got a lot to learn about him." I gently grab his chin and make him look at me. "I really hope I will learn all about you."

He pulls my head towards him,"you will. I'm not letting you go anymore." He softly presses his lips agains my and I turn into liquid in his arms.
"Ok guys that's our cue to go" I hear George say.
"You don't have to go" I tell them.
"Yeah we do, because it's late and you guys need time together." Pierre gets up and collects the empty pizza boxes. "I'll throw these away on my way out. You guys have a nice night, sweet dreams. Don't do anything we wouldn't do" they all laugh.
"Dude you are French, there's nothing you wouldn't do." Lando says.
"I guess you're right, well then...enjoy." He winks and I can't help blushing.
I hug them all separately and it feels unreal that they call themselves my friends now. I hope there will be a lot more of these nights. Next time with their girlfriends.
"Sweet dreams guys. I had a great time getting to know you all. I'll see you soon I hope." I walk with them to the door and wave until they reach the elevator.
Daniel has put all the glasses away and when I come back inside I see him standing in front of the window looking outside at all the lights.

I walk up to him and hug him from behind. "You ok?"
Without turning around he asks me,"do you believe in 'the one'?"
"You mean like the one you're meant to be with, your one true love?" I ask him.
"Yeah, after what happened do you, aren't you scared opening up to somebody again?" He turns around.
I grab his hands and squeeze them.
"I do believe that there is somebody who is my 'one true love' yeah.
I just happen to be unlucky in love before. And I guess a lot unlucky. But that doesn't mean I don't believe true love isn't meant for me.
Because I know I have a lot of love in me to give to the right person. And I hope somebody wants to give me just as much love back."