This is me!

Outside we get in a beautiful car, of course a Mercedes and Lewis drives us to the location of the dinner.
"How are you feeling?" He asks me, I have been a bit quiet during the ride.
"I'm ok, I'm pretty nervous though." I have to admit, pretty nervous is an understatement.
"I understand, but you know you can do this. We all support you, especially Daniel." Lewis tries to comfort me.
"I know, he's been nothing but amazing since the moment we first met. I feel so lucky to have him in my life." I smile thinking about the man I had to leave at the hotel.

"I think he is the one that's lucky, and I'm sure he agrees with me." Lewis parks the car and opens the door for me to help me out. I'm in pretty high heels and the car is very low, so to be able to get out of it with a little bit of grace I need his hand.
There are quite some photographers and reporters here to see if there's a story to write here.

"Lewis isn't that Daniels girlfriend?" I hear somebody shouting from the crowd.
I can't help myself, but I start laughing. "Oh my god of course they are going to ask that."
"Let's just go inside, just ignore them." Lewis holds out his arm and I put mine through it.
"The other guests will be here in an hour, so you can do a soundcheck with Chris before everybody gets here."

Inside they made the dining room look very fancy. There are chandeliers and loads of decorations everywhere. All have to do with the theme of movies.
I make my way backstage to meet with Chris and the backing singers.
We go through the order of the songs once more and then Chris hands me special earplugs so I can hear myself. It all feels so professional.
We rehearse every song again, everything goes smoothly, so 15 minutes before the guests arrive we finish up. For some reason I'm not really nervous right now, but that might change when everybody comes in.

I join Lewis in the lobby and slowly people start to arrive. First Toto and Susie come in and they immediately come to greet us.
Susie seems a really warm person, but I'm still a bit intimidated by Toto.
"So are you going to blow us away tonight?" Toto asks me, but he looks at me with his dark brown eyes and now I get nervous.
"I eh really hope so." Well that didn't sound too confident. Well done Sky.
"She definitely will Toto, don't worry just enjoy." Thank god Lewis comes to my rescue.
We can only talk for a minute , because Toto has to mingle with all the important people there.

But because I'm standing with Lewis, loads of people come up to us to introduce themselves.
Finally I see a familiar face.
"George! Hi, it's so nice to see you again." He gives me a hug and then I see Carmen.
"Oh Carmen wow look at you, that dress is so pretty and you look beautiful." We also hug each other and she compliments me on how I look.
We get the call that we have to go inside, luckily we have a table with George and Carmen, but also Angela and I'm so happy about that, because she is very entertaining and has great stories to tell.
Some other team members join our table and very soon we are lost in conversation.

The first course arrives and it's a nice light soup, I can't really tell what kind, but it tastes amazing, so I don't really care. Halfway through my soup I suddenly realize that when we are finished I have to go on stage and I feel panic rising.
Lewis looks at me and he can tell I'm not ok, so he quickly gets up and takes me with him backstage.
We get some funny looks, but I hardly notice, everything is blurry and it's only because Lewis has my hand that I am not in a complete panic attack.
"Hey Sky, look at me, try to breathe with me." I know he tries, but it's not working.

He grabs his phone and calls somebody.
"Hey mate is she getting ready yet," I hear Daniels voice through the phone.
"No man she is having a panic attack, help her out!" Lewis puts the phone on FaceTime and I see Daniels handsome face on the screen looking worried.
"Baby, look at me and listen to me. We got this. Breathe in, hold it for a second and breathe out. Come on do it with me." His voice works like a magic spell. It's so soothing listening to him and I  can eventually synchronize my breathing with his.