Salsa

April 29th

Daniel wasn't lying when he said he was going to take me dress shopping. We've spend hours looking for the perfect dress and even though there were a few I thought would be good he didn't agree.
We did buy them, or well he did, but he says I could wear them at other events.
In the mean time we are still looking for the one we both love.
In the last store we both see a black lace dress on a mannequin and we look at each other knowing I have to try this one.

I put it on and it immediately feels perfect. When I walk out to show Daniel I know he agrees. It's absolutely stunning and I feel so confident in it.
"Oh wow love, you look absolutely gorgeous." He takes my hand and makes me do a pirouette. "Yes this is the one, don't you agree?" "He says and I nod. "Definitely, I'm getting it." I go to the dressing room to take it off and I hand it to Daniel so he can hold it while I get dressed.
When I come out he's standing there with the dress already packed.
"I asked you to hold it, not buy it." I say when I see he's holding the bag.
"And I told you before I want to buy you things, so you might as well accept it." Daniel seems very pleased with himself.

"Fine." I sigh. We talked about this the other day and Daniel wanted me to keep my savings for the unlikely event I would break up with him and need it to rent a house and stuff like that.
I disagreed, because I don't see me leaving him at all, but he made it very clear he didn't want me to spend it all. So I reluctantly agreed and now we are shopping and I feel really weird accepting the fact that he is buying me dresses.
If Mercedes really is going to pay me that crazy amount of money for me singing 6 songs at a dinner party I'm going to buy Daniel something.
The only thing is, I have no idea what, because what can you give somebody who buys whatever he wants.
I'm just going to talk to Michael or his parents, maybe they can help me out.

"You can wear that short dress we got, tonight when we go out." Daniel suggests when we finally walk back to the car.
"Where are we going tonight? You know I've never worn dresses as much as I did since I'm with you." I smile when I think about it. I've always been a jeans and shirt type of girl, I still am. But I do feel a lot more comfortable in a dress now. Also because of the reaction I get when Daniel sees me wearing one.
"You don't have to, if you want you can wear jeans. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. And we are going somewhere where you can dance." He answers.
"Sounds good, but I love the dress so I'm going to wear it. We bought way too many though." We get in the car and make the drive home. I can't get enough of the views here.

Back at the house Blake tells me somebody from Mercedes called him and they agreed on an amount of money they are going to pay me. He just won't tell me how much it is. But I don't really care, they don't have to pay me. I'm not a business woman, so I'm glad Blake is helping out. We will fly to Miami on Monday, I'll have a chance to rehearse on Tuesday. Apparently they have even arranged back up singers. I've send Lewis the list of songs I  chose to do and I did put one in that will definitely be a challenge. But I wouldn't have chosen it if I didn't think I could do it.

After dinner Im going to get ready to go out. I got a cute bohemian style white dress. If we are going somewhere we can dance I need to be able to move around. I leave my hair down in wavy curls and I decide to put on a little bit more make up then usual. But only on my eyes, I've actually been able to manage a decent smokey eyes look. So I'm pretty pleased with myself. Now I'm ready to have some fun.
I make my way downstairs where the guys are already waiting for me.
Michael whistles when he sees me and Daniel quickly makes his way to me and acts like a true gentleman, taking my hand to help me get down the stairs.
As if I can't do that myself, but I still think it's cute.

"You look really handsome my honey badger." I tell him.
"And you look fucking hot." His eyes wander to my body and then back to my face. "We can always stay in. I don't know if I'll be able to keep all the men away from you."
"No worries I'll just tell them I have a big, strong boyfriend, stupid word by the way, who will kick their ass if they try anything." I give him a reassuring kiss.
"It's a good thing I have back up then." He points at Blake and Michael.
"See you'll be fine. And besides nobody is going to hit on me. Don't worry about it." I grab my purse, "ready to go? I want to know what music I'll be dancing on."