The big day

Wedding day is finally there. Tell me what you think. I always love your comments.

When I wake up, for a second I don't know where I am. But when I look next to me I see Bri and Jenna sleeping on a air bed on the floor. Kelly is in the bed with me and Charlotte is on another air bed on the other side.
Today is the day! Our wedding day. After today I'm going to be Mrs. Skylar Ricciardo. I check my phone, it's 6 in the morning. I only slept for 4 hours. But I still feel energetic and excited for today.

Last night we had a bachelorette party. Daniel had his bachelors party somewhere else.
We took it easy as I can't drink and I didn't want to feel exhausted today. I have no idea how Daniel has done. But when I read some texts he sent me last night, I can tell he definitely had a bit too much to drink.
I get out of bed very quietly, I really have to pee, but I don't want to wake the girls just yet. We still have plenty of time before we have to get ready.

Kelly is going to do my hair and Bri will take care of my makeup. After flushing the toilet I check myself in the mirror. My bump is definitely very visible now, I place my hand on it.
"Hi my sweet peanut. Today is the big day, mommy and daddy are getting married. He's going to look so handsome in his suit I'm sure."

I can't believe how obviously pregnant I am all of a sudden. I had to wear my maternity jeans since Abu Dhabi as my normal ones were getting very tight and uncomfortable. I tried on my dress yesterday and it fit perfectly. I was so relieved.

The week has flown by. Sunday after the race we went to the after party. Eventually I ended up singing with the DJ that was playing, which was a lot of fun. We were able to fly home the next day as McLaren didn't need Daniel to stay for testing and Red Bull decided he should go home to prepare for the wedding.
We said goodbye to McLaren, I was fine saying goodbye to Zak and Andreas. The rest of the team was more difficult. They worked so hard, but just couldn't get the car and Daniel to work together.

I also stopped by Melissa, she felt bad about the pictures that were on Instagram of her and Daniel even though now I know nothing happened. Her exact words were "I could never shag Daniel. He's way too old for me." Daniel was mildly offended, but I was laughing my pants off.
She won't be handling our social media anymore, but Christian actually assigned an assistant to me as soon as I told him I would take the job.

So now I have an assistant who will do pretty much anything for me, I don't know how I will cope with that, but he's also going to take care of my social media, so that's nice.
Meeting him was fun, a bit awkward, but alright I guess.
"Miss Hayes, I'm so honored to be working for you." Was the first thing he said. Even before I could ask his name.
"First of all, it's Skylar, or Sky. Please no Miss Hayes or Mrs Ricciardo or whatever. Second, what's your name?" I asked shaking his hand.

"Oh right I'll try, my name is Bradley."
"Nice to meet you Bradley. I'm looking forward to working with you."
He seems nice, he's 28 and was working with Checo first. I don't know if I'll be able to get used to having an assistant, but I'm sure he'll be busy enough with social media. I'm not going to ask him to grab me something to drink or whatever. I am very capable of doing that myself.
We talked for a bit and I learned he had 6 younger siblings, the youngest being only 5 right now, so he knows his way around babies. He might be able to teach me something.

When we got home on Tuesday we unpacked, but also got stuff ready for when we go to Perth. I only packed summer clothes as it will be warm there. I've never had Christmas in the summer, so that's going to be something different. Daniels family was at Abu Dhabi which was nice. I got to meet his sister and her kids. They were great, so I'm looking forward to spending time with them.
They went back to Australia after the race to make sure everything is taken care of for our wedding there the 2nd of January.