Daniel

When I wake up I see Michael and Blake sitting next to the bed. But I don't see Skylar.
"Hey mate, had a good beauty sleep or what?" That's Michael trying to be funny.
I try to sit up, but I forgot every muscle in my body hurts like hell so I clench my jaw before pushing the button to put the top of the bed up a bit. I'm already done lying down, I just want to get out of here and be with my girl.
"Where's Sky?" Not responding to Michaels joke.
"She went to the ranch to grab your stuff and say goodbye. Lewis went with her so she's not alone." Blake explains and I nod. Lewis, the guy who just jumped on a plane when she called him. I know they are just friends, but I also know if it was up to Lewis they would be a lot more.

"He loves her doesn't he?" I ask the guys and they look surprised.
"Why would you say that?" Michael asks.
"Isn't it obvious, he would do anything for her. She just doesn't realize it. But I'm sure if it wasn't for me, he would have tried to make a move already." I trust Sky 100%, also because she just doesn't see how guys look at her. She doesn't understand how gorgeous she is and with her personality to match her looks, how can other guys not fall for her?
"You're probably right, but the feeling is not mutual that's for sure. She sees him as a close friend. She loves him as a close friend, but nothing more than that."

"I know Blake, I truly hope he never tells her, it would break her heart, she values their friendship a lot."
I'm so lucky that she wants to be with me, even now I'm completely beaten up, she takes care of me and I know she doesn't mind having to do that for now.
"Can you hand me my phone. I've got an important call to make. She might kill me for this, but I have to do it."
Michael hands me my phone and after about 15 minutes I have achieved what I was hoping for.

"Alright so Blake, what did Andreas say when you called him?" I ask after I hung up the phone.
"Obviously he wants you to get well soon. We will have to see about Spa, but I'm going to keep them updated about how you're doing the next couple of weeks. Also he wanted to know if they should put out a statement. I mean if you leave here tomorrow in a wheelchair."
I huff, I'm not planning to leave in a wheelchair. I have my mind set on walking out here. I might be slow, but there's no chance I'm going in a wheelchair.

"Don't look at me like that. You can barely make it to the bathroom. Anyways, if people see you leave the hospital in a wheelchair, or 'walking' they will start to gossip and speculate." 
I think about it for a second.
"I think we should put out a short message to let people know what happened. But with the note that I'm doing fine and I will be back in Spa. That's my goal." I slowly move around so I can sit with my legs dangling out of the bed. I want to get walking again and also I have to pee.
"Take it easy, let us help you." Michael jumps up and supports me just like this morning.
My entire body aches and throbs, but I bite through it and make my way to the toilet.

I've had sore muscles before from working out or a crash, but nothing as bad as this. I guess it's not so strange considering I had a horse rolling over me. I'm so freaking lucky to be walking right now. Especially when the doctor told me my brains were swelling. I guess I have a big enough skull for them so they had enough space without causing any damage. My lung seems fine as well, that little wound will heal soon enough.
I feel terrible for Sky, she had to watch it happen and then she thought she would lose me as I stopped breathing.

My poor sweetheart. The things she's already been through lately. With the baby, her mother treating her like shit, Shane and then later his dad who threatened her and now this. I can't believe she still has enough strength to keep going. Many people would have curled up in a ball and given up.
I wash my hands and when I see myself in the mirror I lift up my shirt, I look really banged up, bruises all over my chest. I can't see my back, but I guess that's pretty colorful as well.