Ranch life

After a long flight and a pretty long drive we drive up a beautiful sight. We see massive pastures with grazing horses. At the end of the dirt road we're driving on there's a huge ranch house with a couple of barns behind it.
"Oh my god this is like a dream." I shout when I see it.
"It's amazing isn't it?" Daniel smiles at me seeing me hanging out of the window of the car.

Daniel parks the car and we get out to grab our suitcases.
A middle aged couple comes out of the house to greet us.
"Well hello there, I'm Alex and this is my wife Daisy. Welcome to Westwood Ranch, we hope you'll have a great time here. Follow us, we'll show you your cabin."
We introduce ourselves, I don't know if they know who Daniel is, but if they do they don't show it which is really nice. We did put the reservations on my last name, it's a more common name than Daniels.
We are lead to a cute log cabin where inside we find a massive bed, a small bathroom with a shower and a small living area with a kitchen.

"I love it, this is so cute." We put away our suitcases and then we are asked to follow Alex and Daisy outside to see which horses we will be riding while we are here. They really don't waste any time, which we don't mind, because we can't wait to get this going.
"So do y'all know how to ride?" Alex asks us and I nod.
"I used to ride and I had my own horses as well, it's been a while, but I know as soon as I get on I'll be fine."
"I'm alright as well, I have a family farm back in Australia so I have some experience." Daniel says.

We go to the pastures where I see some beautiful Paint horses and Quarter horses grazing.
"Miss Hayes, go in and see which one catches your eye." Daisy opens the gate for me and I walk in.
"It's Skylar by the way. No Miss Hayes please." I smile and then make my way to the horses.
I've already spotted a gorgeous palomino mare, I make my way over to her very calm but confident.

I can see she has noticed me, her ears point my way, but she keeps eating.
"Hello beautiful girl, my god you're stunning. Come here darling, I want to meet you." She lifts her head as I make kissing sounds and comes over to me.
"Oh hi sweetie, aren't you a pretty one. I'm curious to find out your name. Want to come with me?" I keep talking to her with a calming voice and she puts her nose against my hand to smell me.
I scratch her manes with one hand and when she's done smelling me I rub her between her eyes.

I can see she has blue eyes, which makes her stand out even more.
"Come on darling, let's find out who you are." I turn around, put my hand on her neck and start walking to the gate where Alex, Daisy and Daniel are waiting.
"Wow Skylar, you know your horses don't you? That pretty girl you chose is Rain, she's a picky one, but she seems to like you." Daisy tells me and I love the name. It's the same name as the mare from the Spirit movie.

"She's sweet, can I ride her while we are here?" I ask and Alex nods.
"Sure, here's her halter, you can take her for a brush and then we'll go for a ride when you're done. So Daniel now it's your turn."
Daniel makes his way into the pasture and he walks up to a black gelding. It takes a bit longer, because the horse does not want to stop eating, but finally he does follow Daniel back to us.
After a good brush we saddle the horses and Alex rides out with us to see if we are actually honest about our skills.

I feel like I'm home when I get on Rain. She is a sensitive horse, but I get her and she gets me, so I love every second of it.
Daniel is also pretty comfortable on horseback, we're taking it slow for now, but I would love to see what this horse can do.
"Alex, can I speed up a bit? I can feel she wants to stretch her legs." He looks back at me and he sees how relaxed I am.
"Sure go ahead, but she's a fast one so you better hold on tight."
I smile, knowing I'll be fine, I'm used to the western saddles they use here so I can handle her speed no problem.