Meetings

We're on our way to the MTC to pick up the cars. Lando and Daniel are discussing everything and I'm quietly thinking about the stuff I have to arrange for Friday. I just hope I can pull it off, but I'll need to talk to some people at the team first.
When we pull up at the MTC I am again amazed by how stunning the building is. Last time I was here I had just met Daniel and I hadn't even met Lando yet. I remember seeing him in the hall when Daniel and I were going to get some lunch.

The memories bring a smile on my face when I look at the building. For a moment I just stand there reminiscing the day that turned my life upside down.
"Good memories huh baby?" Daniel stands next to me and he sees the look on my face.
"Yeah, very good memories. The day we spent here was so great, meeting the people, meeting Lando. Hey Lando remember that day?" Lando also joins us.

"How could I forget. You could already see the sparks between you and Daniel. That moment you went to the restroom during lunch Daniel and I already talked about it. He just didn't know how to make sure you could spend more time together. Well he figured it out. I don't think you have been apart since then." He puts his arm around my shoulders. "And I gained a sister that day. Something I'm still very happy about."

I turn to him and put my arms around him to give him a hug. He didn't expect that but gladly pulls me even closer. "You're the best little brother I could wish for. I really love you."
He runs his hands through my hair, messing it up. "Love you too sis."
"Really Lando? We were having a moment here." I'm not really mad at him. I don't think I could ever get mad, especially when he looks at me with that innocent smile.

"Let's just get in there. We will have a short meeting with some people first. Will you be alright for a while?" Daniel asks me.
"Definitely, I'm going to meet up with Melissa."
We head inside, Daniel and Lando go one way and I go find Melissa. She is still handling my social media and she does a great job.

"Hi Melissa! How are you?" I greet her after knocking on her office door.
"Skylar! I'm good. It's nice to see you again. Your social media has exploded since last week."
I feel bad because I can imagine how busy she has been.
"I'm sorry, please if it's too much you have to let me know ok? I have no problem shutting my social media down. Or we can just let it go and I can check it whenever I feel like it."

"Please no, I told you already I love doing this. You've got a lot of fans, it's great reading mostly nice messages."
I stare at her as if she just grew an extra head. "Fans?"
"Yeah fans. There are loads of videos of you singing and the post you put out last week after your loss, made people love you even more." She bites her lip. "I'm really sorry about the baby."

I swallow hard, most of the time I'm coping quite well, but I've got enough moments that I struggle. "Thanks. I'm glad you don't mind the work you're doing. You have no idea how much you help me. Especially when you send me some messages I should reply to. It's just nice that you've already filtered through them. So thanks for all your efforts."

"No worries, it's a pleasure."
I sit down in one of the chairs in the office. "So Friday is Daniels birthday and I have this crazy idea, but I need to know if the things I have in mind are possible. Maybe you know who I have to talk about it with?."
I explain my plans to her and her face lights up. "Oh that's a great idea. Come I'll take you to the right people for that."
She leads me through the massive building and finally we walk into another office where there's an entire team working.

"Hello everyone, this is Skylar, but I think you all know who she is. She has an idea for Daniels birthday on Friday, but she will need your help and approval." There are about 13 pairs of eyes on me and I feel a bit shy all of a sudden.
"Hi, ehm yeah so I hope you can help me out with this. I really want to make Daniels birthday special this Friday."
They hear me out and then we immediately start making plans on how to arrange it all.
I'm so relieved, because I need the help of the team, otherwise there's no chance I could pull it off.