Down Under

It's only an hour before we will finally touch ground again. This time in Australia. I still don't know the exact destination, but I don't really care. I just want to get out of this plane because we only had a short stop in Dubai before taking off again and I am starting to feel claustrophobic. I just want solid ground under my feet again and fresh air.
We have been flying over the beautiful landscapes for a while now and I can't wait to actually see it up close.

We both have been able to sleep quite a lot, which hopefully will help get over the jetlag quicker, but I'm sure it will be a struggle at first.
Blake had arranged my visa, so I should be fine getting in the country. Also I'm Daniels wife, so I hope it will be easy going. I'm not really in the mood for an interrogation.
It's not like I'm going to work here or move here permanently. Not yet at least.

"Almost home babe, how do you feel?" I ask Daniel as the seatbelt lights go on.
"I'm super excited, but I'm also glad we'll have some time to ourselves, before we see everybody. First let's just enjoy the honeymoon, then you can meet all my friends."

'Ladies and gentlemen we are about to land in Brisbane, thanks for flying with us and enjoy your stay' I hear over the intercom.
"Brisbane, that's like across the continent from Perth right?" I am surprised. I thought he might want to be closer to home once we got here, but this is pretty much as far away from Perth as it gets.
"Yeah, I've rented a cabin in Tamborine Mountain. He grins, looking so happy he kept this a secret from me. "We're going to have peace and quiet for the next 14 days, unless we want to go somewhere that is. I do have some things planned for us."

"Oh wow, sounds amazing. Just the two of us in the mountains. You know me so well." It absolutely sounds like the best place to have a honeymoon.
"Yeah we will have the most amazing view, I think there's even a jacuzzi in the living room. It will be fantastic." He looks so enthusiastic and I share his feelings. I can't wait to get there so we can just unwind from everything we've experienced the last couple of months.

At the airport, we collect our luggage and thank god Blake has done his job so well. I don't get questioned at all. We did manage to get myself a new passport with my new last name on it. We just had to pay double than what you normally pay for a new passport, because it was a rush job, but at least now I'm traveling as Mrs Ricciardo instead of Hayes.
Daniel goes to pick up the keys for our rental car and I go to Starbucks for a cold drink for the both of us. I haven't been outside, but it's summertime here so I'm sure it's hot out there.

I changed into a summer dress in the airplane, so I'm ready to head out.
Daniel joins me in the cue and there's quite a lot of people staring at us. Obviously he's one of Australia's favorites, so I can't exactly blame them.
I can see people hesitate to come up to him to ask him for pictures or autographs, that's a bit different than in some European countries. People can be very intrusive and rude, but luckily that doesn't happen very often.

"Let's get out of here, we still have over an hour to drive before we are at the cabin." Daniel says after grabbing the drinks from the counter.
"Alright, you drive right?" I take my drink from him and he nods. "Yeah I'll drive, you can enjoy the view."
He waves at some of the people that have their phones out. "Sorry guys its my honeymoon, so I'd like to head out with my wife to enjoy some time alone. I hope you understand."
The day after the wedding we posted a picture of us at the wedding to announce we got married. We never told the date online, so it was a bit of a secret, now it's out and we had so much loving comments about it. It truly warmed my heart.

They nod and put away their phones.
"Thanks a lot. Have a nice day." We want to walk away, but one lady calls after us. "Congratulations both of you. You make a gorgeous couple. I'm sure that little baby will be even cuter."
"Thank you very much, that's very kind." I give her a warm smile, before we go to the car park.