Back on track

The next morning we wake up quite early. When we look out the window we can tell it's gray outside and it's raining.
I decide to put on one of my new jeans, a new top and I borrow one of Daniels hoodies because it looks like it's chilly outside. When I'm inside the garage I can always take off the hoodie.

Daniel does his morning routine and then we hear a knock on the door.
I go to see who it is. "Good morning Michael, come in."
"Good morning Sky, how are you today?" He asks when he comes in.
"I'm alright, I had a good nights rest and I decide to look forward and also it doesn't matter what people say and think about me." We walk into the room, "I've got so much love and support here and from my family and friends, that's what matters. And the love I get from Daniel is enough."

"Good for you. Again you are showing how strong and resilient you are." He puts his hand on my shoulder and gives it a soft squeeze.
"Thanks, yesterday sucked, but let's assume today will be a lot better." I smile and Daniel comes up to us.
"Hey mate, you ready for today?" Michael asks him.
"I am, could be fun in the rain. Let's have some breakfast and then head to the track." He suggests.

"Sure, let's go to the restaurant downstairs to eat." Michael looks around, "ready to go?"
"Yeah I think we're both ready to go right baby?" Daniel already grabs some of his stuff and Michael takes the rest.
I quickly get my purse and phone and of course my card to get in the paddock and then we are ready to go.
"We'll have some lunch later at the track but before and after that I'm going to have to leave you to get to work, but you'll be ok right?" Daniel asks me.

"I'll be fine, really don't worry about me ok. You do what you have to do. I'm a big girl and I know Kelly and Charlotte will be there. I'm just going to enjoy my day." I close the door behind us as we walk out and we go to the restaurant.
We have a quick breakfast and then we head out to the cars.
Michael takes one and we take the other one, I feel butterflies in my stomach, it will be my first time on a circuit while they are actually driving and working.
I can't wait to see Daniel drive that car, I'm finally going to experience everything. I intend to enjoy every second of it.

The road to the parking space for the drivers is already filled with fans. Even though it's raining, they are just waiting to catch a glimpse of a driver or a team member. They take pictures of everybody who's arriving. Daniel opens his window so he can wave at people. He drives real slow, so some fast fans can take a quick selfie with him.
It's so nice that he takes the time for his fans, I know they are super important for him.
We slowly make our way through the gates where we can park the car.
When we get out I can hear some of the people shouting: "Skylar!! We believe you!!"

I turn around to wave at them, "thank you so much, that means a lot to me."
"Come on baby lets go." He holds my hand and leads the way towards the garage.
On our way we walk by the other teams and Kelly comes out of the Red Bull pitbox.
"Hang on I need to ask her something. Wait here for a sec." Daniel makes his way over to Kelly and Michael stands besides me.
Kelly and Daniel stand with their backs towards us and I frown. "They are acting weird. Do you know what this is about?"

Michael shakes his head, "no idea."
I shrug, "oh well I guess when I have to know he'll tell me."

Daniels POV:
I quickly make my way to Kelly.
"Kelly did you manage to figure out what Skylar likes in a ring and what her size is?"
Kelly shows me her phone. "She loves this ring, but with an amethyst in it. And I will send you her size and this picture. She doesn't like big sparkly rings."

"I didn't expect she would. This ring is nice though. Where did you find it?" I ask her
"There's a jewelry store where we went shopping yesterday. I'll send you the details. She told me she really likes Keltic symbols, but also like decorations you see with the Vikings you know?" She says.
"Ok good to know, thanks for your help." I want to get back to Skylar so we can get to the garage.