An 'innocent' game of pool.

Just look at that picture. Hot hot hot.

It doesn't take us too long to find the shelter. It's definitely a very fancy looking one, but then again we are in Switzerland, things are a bit different here.
We walk inside, glad to see they are still open.
At the front desk we find an older lady who greets us with a big smile. She has definitely recognized Daniel, because she starts in English.
"Good afternoon Mr and Mrs Ricciardo, how can I help you?"

Daniel places his hand in the curve of my back and gives me a gentle push to tell me I should do the talking.
"Hi good afternoon, we are looking to adopt a cat. Preferably not a kitten, it has be be used to dogs and children. Doesn't matter what gender or color. As long as its friendly." I quickly sum up what I think would work in the Vettel family.
"Alright, you know what you want, I assume it has to be able to handle babies." She nods at my bump that is visible now I've unzipped my coat.

"Oh it's not for us. It's for a 9 year old girls birthday." I can tell by her face she is going to tell me no, but I start to explain before she can even start.
"I know animals shouldn't be given as a birthday present, trust me I know. I'm a veterinary nurse and I would never even consider getting a child a pet for their birthday. But it were her parents who said it was ok, she's been asking for it for months. This cat is going to live a luxurious life, with two girls who will love it indefinitely. Two animal loving parents and a massive house to explore. Oh and a dog friend." I smile at her hoping to convince her.

"If I was a cat, I would want to live there." Daniel grins.
"And who are these people this cat will be living with?" She asks.
I'm not sure if I can tell her, but Daniel already answers.
"It's the Vettels."
She looks pleased. "Ah alright, they've adopted a dog here a couple of years ago, so we know them. Ok well we have a few cats that could fit with them, I'll get somebody to introduce you to them."

She takes the phone and calls somebody, "Carla, I have people here that want to adopt a cat. Can you come get them to show them around?"
We only have to wait briefly, before another woman, who introduces herself als Carla shows up.
She doesn't seem to recognize us, so that's nice.
As we walk through a corridor I really hope we don't get to see the dogs, because I would want to adopt all of them. But thankfully we are soon walking into a big room, one wall covered with big spacious cages.

They are open, so the cats are roaming around through the room.
"So what are you looking for exactly?" Carla asks.
I tell her exactly what I just told the other lady and she nods.
"Ok then we have 3 possible matches. I'll introduce you to Mitzi first."
She walks to a little plush bed where a black cat is sleeping in.
When I stroke her head, she wakes up with a big lazy yawn and immediately starts to purr.

"Oh well good afternoon Mitzi." I talk to her as she gets up and stretches before rubbing her head against me.
"Mitzi was found on the streets, she is about 1,5 years old and we've introduced her to some different dogs, but she wasn't bothered at all. She loves people, big or small and even though she seems lazy now, she loves to play."

Daniel is not a cat person, but he also comes over to check out this black girl who keeps purring and cuddling up against me.
He sticks out his hand and she walks over to him. She gives him the same love as she just gave me and he seems to like it. He even picks her up for a cuddle, which takes me by surprise.
"I like this one, she's friendly." He says with a smile.
"Black cats are always more difficult to rehome, people somehow still think they are bad luck."

"Can you show us the other two?" I'm already falling for the black one, but I should really see the other 2.
We end up cuddling with a ginger male cat, but he's already on the older side, I wouldn't mind, but I really want the girls to enjoy the company of their new pet as long as possible. If I leave any possible illness out of the picture. Because you never know of course.