Grace and Joe

It's raceweek again, the time has flown by. At home we have gotten in a routine, Daniel goes for his work out with Michael and every other day I join them in my own program. The rest of the time is either filled with fun activities if Daniel doesn't have to do anything for the team.
Or me exploring Monaco, I love to find cute local shops and restaurants.

But also I still rest quite a lot, I haven't regained the energy I had before America, but I've started on some extra vitamins to hopefully boost myself a bit.
Michael has also made a list of some foods I could try to get some more energy back.
Let's hope that will start working soon. I really need the energy for my new 'job'.

We went to the bar again where I first went on the podium and they asked me if I wanted to be part of their band as lead singer on nights where there is no open mic night.
So I told them I would, but only if we are in Monaco, because then I'll have the time.
They were very ok with that so tonight I have my first performance as part of the band.
We have been practicing and I think it works really well. The guys of the band are super nice and so is the bar owner.

In a few hours Daniels parents are going to arrive. They are in Nice already, but they arrived late last night so decided they wanted to have a good nights sleep to be rested before coming over. They will also come to the bar tonight which I find pretty nerve wrecking. I think most of the drivers that live in Monaco will be there, at least that's what Charlotte has told me.
So now Daniel is with Michael doing what they do best and maybe also getting some exercise done.

I'm still deciding what to wear tonight, we have quite some rock songs in our playlist tonight, but also some ballads.
Finally I decide on some black jeans with a red top that looks like a corset, but luckily it's not. I really need to be able to breathe tonight. The good thing is, I can wear my Docs under this so no high heels for me this time.
Suddenly I hear a knock on the door, I wasn't expecting anybody yet, but I go to the door to open it.

When the door swings open I look in the smiling face of Grace and Joe.
"Oh my god Skylar! Finally we get to see you in real life. You are even more beautiful than I thought." Grace comes in and wraps her arms around me in a sweet embrace. I'm still a bit shocked, but I manage to hug her back.
"Grace? Joe? I didn't expect you until later." I manage to get out when Grace finally lets me go.
"Well Grace woke up and then she tossed and turned long enough to wake me up. She didn't want to wait any longer to meet you." Joe also pulls me in for a bear hug and for a second I realize that they have shown me more love in 30 seconds than my mom did the entire time she was here.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I hope you don't mind. Maybe we should have given you a heads up." Grace apologizes, but I quickly shake my head.
"No please come in, it's so great to finally really meet you." I let them in, "Daniel is working out with Michael, but I think they went outside for some outdoor training. So I don't know exactly he is right now."
"That's fine, at least we can have some time with you first, before our son comes home. Have you settled in fine in Monaco?" Grace asks me. "It can be a bit of a culture shock I think compared to the UK. Or well compared to anywhere on the world."

I smile, "yeah I feel at home here. But I also did in LA, for me it doesn't really matter where I am. Daniel is my home, so wherever I am with him, I'm good."
I put on the kettle for some tea, "do you want some tea or coffee? Or something else?" I ask them.
"Tea is fine dear, but we can make it ourselves. You don't have to." Grace joins me in the kitchen and she quickly gets some mugs and the tea.
"Daniel is going to be so happy to see you guys. I know he misses you both so much." I pour the boiling water in the mugs and Grace adds the tea.

"We miss him too, but I think since he found you he hasn't missed us as much as he used to." Joe laughs and I blush.
"So how are Michelle and the kids?" I ask them and we chat for a while.
His parents are so sweet and so funny. I now know where he gets his humor from.
Grace keeps holding my hand as if she is reassuring herself that I'm real and I'm not going anywhere.
About 45 minutes after they arrived I get a text from Daniel that he's coming up again.