Punched in the gut.

The next morning we wake up quite early so Daniel can have some breakfast before him and Michael leave for the circuit for media day.
Me and Kelly are supposed to meet at about 10 to go shopping and have lunch before we will also go to the paddock.

"Did you receive the schedule for the press conference yet? Who are the other drivers you're combined with?" I ask him while we are having breakfast.
"I think Max and Lewis. And we are scheduled around 3 this afternoon." He checks his phone where he has the planning for the day. "Yeah 3 o'clock. Before that we have some PR stuff, so we have to shoot some video's. Plenty to do. But after the press conference I won't have to stay much longer. At least I will be able to introduce you to the team and my engineer."

"Sure, I would love to meet the people you work with. It will be fun seeing Lando and the other guys again as well." We finish breakfast and Michael comes up to get Daniel.
"Hi good morning Skylar, will we be seeing you at the track today?" He asks me when he gives me a hug.
"Yeah I will be there after me and Kelly are done with shopping and lunch." I really like Michael, he's such an amazing friend for Daniel and he is genuinely a great person.

"Awesome, if you need me to come to the entrance to help you find the way let me know. Don't forget your Paddock Pass." He says.
"That's sweet, but Kelly is also coming so she can show me where I have to go." I let him know.

"Ok cool, but still if you need anything, let me know, because this guy here will be crazy busy, so I'd be happy to help you out in any way you need." He points at Daniel. "Ready to go mate?"
Daniel nods, "sure, give me a minute to say bye to Skylar and I'll come with you."

He walks up to me and wraps his arms around me. "I can't wait to see you in a few hours. Have fun with Kelly and tonight you will have to show me everything you got ok. I love you baby." He kisses me and I put my arms around his neck to prevent my legs from failing me.
"I love you too honey badger. I will see you in a couple of hours." He gives me a final kiss on my nose and I crinkle my nose a bit.
"God I love it when you do that." He smiles.
They both leave and I clean up the breakfast cart before I put it in the hall again.

I get dressed and put on some light make up. I decide to let my hair down, because if I'm going to try on clothes it's going to get messed up anyways.
I'm glad Kelly has been here before, because she will know where to go. We can also use a car the team has rented, so that's really nice.
A couple of minutes before 10 I grab my bad and phone, I head down to the lobby where I'm supposed to meet Kelly.

"Skylar! Hey I'm here." I hear her call me when I get out of the elevator.
"Hey Kelly, how are you?" We give each other a hug.
"I'm good, I'm really looking forward to today. I'm glad we get a change to get to know each other better." She says and we make our way to the car.

"You can drive, because I really have no idea where we have to go." I tell her and we get on the road.
"I know a really nice shopping center nearby, they have pretty much everything. What are you looking for exactly?" She asks me as she smoothly makes her way through traffic.
"Sounds good, I'm not really sure what I want. I I've always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. So I would like some nice jeans. And maybe some nice tops that are not just simple t-shirts." I shrug, I've never been into fashion that much, but with my job as a veterinary nurse, you really can't wear any fancy clothes.

Before I know it Kelly parks the car and she practically drags me to the first store.
"I think you'll like this one, they have the best jeans that will be perfect for you."
As soon as we get in somebody comes up to us to see if they can help us. I'm not really used to that, normally I just go through the racks and find myself clothes I want to try on.
"She needs some amazing jeans that will accentuate this fantastic body." Kelly takes the lead and I just decide to let her for now.