Request

Madeleine is delighted that I decided on the first dress, but now I see her face drop as I show her the photo of the dress that has been my dream for over 10 years.
It's the dress Stevie wore in McLeod's Daughters and when I saw it on tv I remember shouting "that's the dress I'll get married in!" And now I'm getting married to an Aussie in Perth. It would make it full circle.

"We don't have that dress

"We don't have that dress. Every year we get the new collections and then they replace the older ones." Madeleine says and of course I knew that, it was such a long shot, but I had to try.
"You know what girls. I think I already have the perfect dress. I don't need that second one, I can wear the one I got both days. It's fine." I have been looking around and searching through the dresses, but there hasn't been one that really caught my eye.

"Are you sure? Maybe they have something similar?" Charlotte tries, but I nod.
"No it's fine. Let's just go get some lunch and then head back home. I think I'll rest a bit before I have to sing tonight. I'm really happy with the dress I got, it's perfect in every way. So I'm good."
We fill in everything to order the dress. It was already a pretty perfect fit, but it just needs some minor alterations.
We agree that I'll come for a final fitting after the race in Mexico, because after that we go to Brasil and Abu Dhabi and we won't come back in between.

I feel guilty as I take Daniels credit card to pay for the dress.
For my shoes and lingerie I pay myself, but that's not nearly as much as what is being charged on Daniels card.
"Don't feel guilty, it's written all over your face. Daniel is just happy you finally let him buy you something." Kelly nudges my arm.
"I know, I know. Maybe one day I'll get used to it. But not today." I sigh and we walk out the store after thanking Madeleine for her help.

We sit down at a nice small bistro in Nice to have some lunch. Every now and then people come up to us to ask for photos and autographs.
I get that they want that from Kelly, as she is pretty famous and Charlotte has been around the F1 world quite some time. Also she has loads of followers on social media, but people actually wanting photos with me, is still weird.
I took off my ring, because I don't want to show it accidentally. Daniel and I are still thinking about when to go public with our engagement.

"So that other dress you had in mind. It's from McLeod's Daughters right?" Kelly asks and I nod.
"It is, but forget about it. It doesn't matter. I'm really happy with my dress." I take a sip of my smoothie.
"Well you're going to be the most beautiful bride ever. Do you know what you want with your hair and make up?" Charlotte wants to know. I see Kelly is busy on her phone.
I'm sure social media is filled with the photo's of us.

"I love make up a bit natural. I don't want layers and layers of stuff on my face. And about my hair, I know what I want. I want half up, with a horizontal braid and that pin I just bought. That's why I didn't want a veil. I'll probably get annoyed by it anyways." I try to explain what I have in mind.
The waiter comes to put our salads in front of us. Now I have this super form fitted dress I have to make sure it still fits in November.