The best family

"I wish I could take credit for this, but this is all Kelly and my moms doing." Daniel says as he stands next to me, looking at the same thing I am staring at.
"But how, this is pretty much impossible, how did they manage to get it here?" I slowly stand up and walk to the big closet door where the dress is hanging.
The dress I've dreamed about since the first time I saw it on tv. Stevie's dress from McLeods Daughters.

"I don't know, you should ask Kelly or my mom. I hope you'll wear it though." Daniel says.
I nod, until I suddenly realize something, "I can't. This dress is too small. It will never fit me now." Looking down at the bump that is so clearly visible.
"We have an appointment at a tailor after your ultrasound. He can alter it to fit you." I hear Grace's voice behind me.
"Oh Grace, this is too much. I'll never be able to thank you enough." I wrap my arms around her for a tight hug.

"It was mostly Kelly. When she sets her mind on something she doesn't give up." Grace sniffs, moved by my reaction.
"That is Kelly yeah, she won't take no for an answer." I turn around to look at the dress again as I pull out my phone. I need to FaceTime her.

"Sky hey, how's married life treating you?" Kelly picks up after it rang only twice.
"Amazing! Seriously Kelly you are crazy, but I love you so much. I'll never be able to thank you for what you did for me."
I see her smiling as she knows exactly what I'm referring to.
"So I'm guessing you found the dress?"
I turn around so she sees it hanging behind me. "I did. How on earth did you pull this off?"

"I just called some people who knew some other people. The production company had a couple of them still stored there. They had a few made just in case something happened with one of them. So when I eventually got to talk to them they agreed to send one over to you so you can wear it. They would like it if you would post pictures of the day on social media. But other than that it's yours." She seems so happy with herself and I am also extremely happy she is my friend.

"Thank you so much Kelly. I hope they can make it fit, but you just made one of my dreams come true. I'll never be able to repay you for this." I feel the fabric of the dress and I think it's even more beautiful than it was on tv.
"You don't have to. Just seeing you this happy is enough. Just enjoy your day in that dress." She says while I see Penelope come up to her.

"Mommy I'm hungry." The little girl says.
"Coming sweetheart." Kelly looks back at me.
"Go Kell, we'll talk soon. Say hi to Max and give your little princess a kiss from me." We hang up and I stare at the dress a bit longer until I finally snap out of it and start to unpack together with Daniel.

We're almost done when we hear a familiar voice in the hallway.
"Michael!" I drop the underwear I was going to put in a drawer and rush to the door.
"There she is!" He shouts when he sees me. I run up to him and jump into his arms, I would normally wrap my legs around him, but with my bump sticking out it's not as comfortable anymore.
"I've missed you Italiano."
He chuckles "I thought Daniel would keep you busy enough to miss me."
"He did, believe me. But I still missed you." I give him a kiss on the cheek before letting him go.

"Look at that, my nephew is growing isn't he?" He puts his hand on my bump.
"Yeah and he's moving. I felt it for the first time this morning."
"She is!" Daniel yells as he comes into the hall.
"He thinks it's a girl." I explain while Daniel and Michael greet each other.
"Nah I'm sure it's a little man." Michael laughs.
They head outside to discuss their training program for the upcoming weeks.

I find Grace in the kitchen where she is already preparing dinner.
"Can I help?"
"You don't have to, but if you really want you can help me chop the vegetables. I'm making a pasta for tonight." Grace hands me a chopping board and the veggies.
Together we chat about last year, but she also asks me about my childhood and family.