Get ready for the launch

"Skylar? Baby?" I hear Daniels voice, but all I can see is the woman in front of me. Smiling as she comes up to me to greet me.
My heart is racing, why did Christian think I would be able to sing with her, she's a queen, she's epic, she's everything I'm not.
"Hi Skylar, I'm Stefani. Or well most people know me as Lady Gaga, but please call me Stefani." She holds out her hand and I actually manage to shake it.

"H..h..hi. I am... ehm?" Who the fuck am I again? I'm making such a complete idiot out of myself right now. This is so embarrassing.
"I'm Skylar, I'm sorry I must look like an idiot." I feel my cheeks burning and they must be bright red by now.
She smiles reassuring, "don't worry. I get that reaction a lot, but I'm just Stefani, so please relax. We're going to spend a lot of time together today, so let's enjoy that ok?"

I nod, trying to pull myself together.
"I've got a meeting about the launch with Christian and Max, so I'll be on my way. Have fun today and I'll see you in a couple of hours for the game. I'll pick you up here." Daniel is about to head out, but gives me a kiss first.
"Love you handsome. See you later."
"Love you too baby."

Lady Gaga, or Stefani leads me into her dressing room, where I see her dress for the party hanging. She's known for wearing somewhat eccentric outfits, but this one is just gorgeous. It's a silver, sparkling long dress with a split all the way up her thigh.
"Take a seat, let's get to know each other. Do you want something to drink? I've got a mini fridge in here which is filled to the brim." She is so enthusiastic, that I can feel myself relax a bit.

"Yeah just some water is fine thanks." I sit down on the lush couch she has and I take a look around. She's got a piano in he dressing room, there's a massive mirror surrounded by little lamps, the make up table in front of it is loaded with all sorts of powders, lipstick and other beauty products I never use.
I thank her as she hands me a bottle of water.

"I'm so pleased to meet you, obviously I've seen plenty of videos of you online, but it's nice to actually meet you." She says when she sits down next to me on the couch, crossing her legs on the seat, making herself comfortable.
I smile a bit unbelievably, as if it's obvious that she has seen videos of me. It's not obvious for me that's for sure.

After a couple of minutes I relax a bit as she is chatting away and she really makes me forget I'm talking to one of the best singers in the world.
"I saw a video of you singing 'Hold my Hand' on I think it was Daniels birthday party right?" I nod, even though that wasn't the first time I sang it for him.
"I saw so much emotions in the way you sang it. You can't fake that, where did that come from?"

I swallow before answering, only 2 weeks ago our first due date passed and I was really happy we were with Seb and his family, because they really distracted us. We did go out to eat with just the two of us to just have some time to ourselves and to process that we have to wait a bit longer for our first baby. I think if I wasn't pregnant again on that date it would have been a lot more painful, but now we know that in a little under 4 months time we will become parents, which definitely eased the pain a lot.
We'll never forget our first baby though.

"If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, I could just see that that song has a deeper meaning for you and your husband, so I was just wondering why." She interrupts my thoughts.
"Oh no it's fine. Last year I was pregnant as well, but we lost that baby when I was 10 weeks. Daniel and I kinda lost each other during our grieving process. He felt guilty for being in a press conference when it happened so he distanced himself a bit. Feeling he was not enough of a support for me." It still pains me to think how much Daniel was hurting, but he wouldn't let me be there for him.