Boy or girl?

Ok ok I won't keep you waiting any longer. I'm actually way too excited myself and I really want to know what you think about this chapter. I'm pretty happy with it myself and I even got a bit emotional writing it. I've been so invested in this story. So well, here you go guys. BABY TIME!

Lewis comes running with a towel and I suddenly remember I have to check if it's clear.
I just get hit with another contraction that almost knocks me off my feet again, this time I realize there is barely any time in between them and it's is so strong I cry out a bit.
"Another one? Ok shit that was fast." I hear Lewis say, but I already knew that. This baby is not waiting around anymore.
"Lewis what color is the amniotic fluid?" I manage to ask with clenched jaw.
"There's no color, it's just clear, that good right?"

I nod, my eyes closed when another painful contraction ripples through me.
"I want Daniel! Where is he?"
Lewis takes my hands, "he's on his way, he will be here soon, it's not far and he is on his Vespa, he could come in any moment now."
"I want to get in the bath again, is the water still warm?"

"I'll put more warm water in it, are you sure you don't want to lay down in bed?" We slowly make our way to the bathroom.
"No I don't want to, I want the warm water." I start crying, I just hardly have any time in between to catch my breath.
"Baby! SKYLAR! I'm here!"
I hear Daniels voice and start sobbing, he is all I needed right now and I'm so glad he made it.
"We're in the bathroom mate!"

Daniel comes running in, his racing suit still on, but it's the best thing I could see right now.
"Hey my sweet girl, so our little one decided today was the perfect day huh, come here my love I've got you, I'm here." He wraps his arms around me and just as he pulls me against him I feel another contraction, but this time it's different. It's like so much pressure that my body instinctively starts to push.
"Fuck I need to push!" I cry out and for a second I see a flash of panic in Daniels eyes.

"Lewis, get Claire on the phone, we need to know if she's almost there. Put her on speaker."
As I have a second to catch my breath, Daniel quickly takes off his suit.
"Daniel? I can't get through this traffic. People are leaving the circuit so it's all stuck. How is she doing."
Right at that moment I get on my hands and knees and I feel another urge to push. So I follow my body and start pushing down.

Claire can hear me pushing through the phone and I hear her curse.
"Shit she's pushing isn't she?"
"Yeah she can't hold back." Daniel tells her as I push again.
"That's ok, her body knows what to do, but you're going to have to deliver your baby yourself. I'll talk you through it.
Make sure you have towels, get the umbilical clamps and a pair of scissors. Is she in bed?"

Lewis is actually gathering the stuff and Daniel tells him where he can find the clamps.
The small rush of panic I saw for a second has disappeared and he is now focused on helping me.
"No she's on the bathroom floor on hands and knees. She was getting in the bath, but I don't think she will be able to get in anymore."
"That's fine, she has to choose the position in which she feels she can push best. Gravity will help her in this position as well. Can you check if you see anything yet?"

Lewis is standing in the doorway, "should I leave?"
"You're not going anywhere, please help me." I groan as I get into a squatting position.
Lewis gets behind me on his knees and I can lean against him as Daniel looks in between my legs to see if our baby is visible yet.
"I can't see anything yet, but she's pushing again."

I'm now focused on myself, I turn inwards again as I feel my body contract and I push along, squeezing Lewis his hands, while Daniel puts the phone on the floor so he has his hands free to do whatever Claire tells him to.
I go quiet as I push down, I can actually feel the baby moving down, but when the contraction stops Daniel can't see anything yet.
He tells Claire, but she reassures him that's normal. Peanut has to go through the birth canal and that can take a while.