Back home

Sunday morning we decide to fly to Monaco after de race. I'm really glad, because the next race is in two weeks in Spain en a week later in Monaco so we've got quite a lot of time to unwind and recharge.
Daniels parents called and they are coming over next week and will also join us in Barcelona, I'm excited to meet them, but it's also a bit scary. I really want them to like me, we talk on the phone quite often, but in real life it's still different.

The race has been quite exciting. Unfortunately no points for the team with Lando getting hit by Pierre, so he couldn't finish and Daniel ending outside of the top 10.
So not the best weekend, but Miami definitely made an impression so far.
That evening we get in the plane for our 10 hour flight back to Nice and then we can sleep in our own bed again.
Even though I've only slept in it a few nights, it does feel like our home and our bed.
LA was also home, but that felt more like Daniels home, Monaco is officially my home now as well.

I'm glad we have a smooth flight, I'm not as nervous as I was at first, so I guess I'm getting used to it.
We arrive in Nice at 12 in the afternoon, I was able to sleep during the flight, so I feel rested for now. The time is quite weird because I miss like 6 hours. But that's just the time difference between Miami and Monaco.
When we are standing in front of the door of the apartment Daniel unlocks the door and then without a warning he picks me up bridal style.
"What are you doing?" I ask quickly clinging to his neck.
"I'm carrying you over the threshold." He answers as it it's nothing special at all.

"But we are not married, you should do that when you're married. For as far as I know." He is not putting me down though.
"Don't care, we are officially living together so I thought this would also be a fitting moment to do this." He pushes the door open with his back and carefully carries me inside.
He puts me back on my feet in the living room and pulls me close with his arms around my waist.
"Welcome home baby."
Well that definitely turned me into a puddle. The butterflies in my stomach are bouncing all over the place. Every time I think I can't love him more he proves me wrong.

He softly presses his lips on mine and we lose ourselves in a loving embrace.
My phone starts to buzz, which interrupts us, but I see it's my mom so I decide to pick up.
"Hey mom how are you and dad doing?"
Hello darling. We are very good. The cruise is almost ending and we will get off the ship in Nice on Thursday morning. We thought we could visit you before we fly back home." She sounds very enthusiastic.

"That would be nice, how long will you be staying?" I ask her, it would be nice to officially introduce Daniel to my parents.
"Only a couple of hours. We booked a flight to the UK for Thursday evening. But at least we can see you again. It feels like ages."
"Hang on mom I have to ask Daniel if we have anything planned yet." I put her on hold and turn to Daniel.

"My parents cruise is going to finish in Nice this Thursday morning and they would like to visit for a couple of hours before their flight home leaves in the evening. Do you have any obligations Thursday?"
He checks his planning and shakes his head.
"No Thursday is empty, so yeah let them come over, I would like to meet them." I give him a quick peck on the cheek before getting my mom back on the phone.
"We are free Thursday so we would love to see you."

"Brilliant, I will text you the time we will get there. We've already rented a car so we can drive to you. Send me the address and we are going to see you in a few days." She hangs up and I text her the address so I can't forget.

"Let's put our stuff away and then maybe we can go for a walk and we need some groceries I think." I look around the room where our suitcases are. We pick them up and unpack everything for now.
We walk to the beach with a big blanket so we can make ourself comfortable.
It's so nice just sitting here, my back against Daniels chest and I just feel like I'm home.
If I could stay like this forever I wouldn't mind at all.