Insecure

Smut! Lots of it.

We get back to the car which is at the parking next to the circuit. It takes a while, but Daniel supports me all the way. Eventually he tells me to hop on his back, so we progress a bit quicker.
Michael promised he would get our stuff, so we don't have to go all the way through the paddock to the McLaren garage. Daniel has the keys in his pocket so finally we take the short drive to the hotel.

Daniel is pretty quiet as we get up to our room. I ask him how the interview went, but he just shrugs. "It was fine. Just another interview I guess."
I raise an eyebrow, how did he go from all caring and sweet to this silent, distant man I don't know.
"Everything alright babe?" I ask him and he nods. "Yeah I'm fine."
He smiles, but I don't believe him. I'll just let it go for now, but he will talk to me, even if I have to force him.

We order some roomservice which will be an hour as it's busy, while we wait I take a shower, I have to be careful not to get the bandage wet, but with a little acrobatic tricks I manage quite well.
I change into one of Daniels shirts as always and join him in the living area of the room.
He's scrolling on his phone when I come in, not noticing me returning.
I look over his shoulder and I see him going through several posts where there are pictures of me and Lewis.

"They really don't have anything better to do, do  they." I say as I read some of the comments where people say I'm dating two drivers and it looks like I'm making my way through the grid.
Daniel almost drops his phone, startled because he suddenly realized I was there.
"Ehm yeah I guess."
"I didn't mean to scare you, you were sucked in your phone, you didn't even hear me come back."
I sit down next to him and where he would normally take my legs and put them on his lap he now just sits there. Almost distant.

"Ok you'd better start talking, because I don't know what's wrong and I don't like you being so drawn back and distant. What is going on?"
He doesn't even look at me, which scares me.
"Babe seriously, you're scaring me. Tell me what's the matter?"
He sighs and then looks at me with teary eyes.
"Are you sure I'm the one you want to be with? Are you sure you want to marry me and not somebody else?"

I shake my head in disbelief, "I'm sorry what?" I can't believe what I'm hearing.
"Just as I asked. Am I the one you want to marry or is there somebody else?" I see a tear running down his cheek and I want to wipe it away with my thumb, but he turns away from me.
"Babe what the hell. Why would you even ask that? You know you're the one for me. There's nobody else." I see him looking at his phone and it dawns me.

"Please don't tell me you think there's something going on between me and Lewis. We are friends, nothing more." I take his hand, he wants to pull it away, but I won't let him.
"Daniel please. Don't act like this, I love you, I don't love anybody the way I love you. Lewis is a friend, just like Michael. I love them as friends or even brothers. You are the one for me, you are my soulmate, my person. You know you are."
The tears start steaming down my face just as they do down his.

"I love you, but if there's somebody else better for you, I would let you go. It would destroy me, but I just want you to be happy." He starts to sob and I quickly climb on his lap, taking his face in my hands so he looks me in my eyes.
"There's not. You're the only one for me. I love you more than life itself. Don't you dare doubt about that."
I see the fear in his eyes, which breaks my heart.
"The world seems to think I'm not enough for you. I can't blame them, you could be with a 7 time world champion, but here you are stuck with me."

"Since when do we care about other people? What do they know? They don't know how my heart beats for you, how my stomach fills up with butterflies just thinking about you. How my dreams are filled with you. How my body reacts as soon as I think about you or kiss you. Nobody else makes me feel the way you do." Desperate I smash my lips on his, hoping to convince him of my love for him.