So much support.

While Daniel is still finishing up with his team for free practice tomorrow I decide to go up to the restaurant to get something to drink.
I'm only hoping there won't be a lot of people, because I just don't have the energy to cope with strangers right now.

When I get up there I see I'm lucky. There's practically nobody there. So I order a cup of tea and I find myself a seat.
This day started out so nice, but now I'm drained.
I hear voices coming through the door and I sigh, great I should have just stayed in the garage.
"Skylar, sweetheart you are here!" Oh thank god it's Charlotte.
She runs up to me and when I get up to greet her, she hugs me tightly.

"I can't believe what happened, I'm so sorry you had to go through this." She grabs my hands and I can tell she really cares about me.
"How are you now? God what a stupid question, you look exhausted."
I give her a sad smile, "I am, but I'm sure when I had the chance to sleep I'll feel better. I'm just still a bit in shock about everything. I really didn't see it coming. They actually accused me of killing him. Even though I know they talked to the police and I know the police told them exactly what happened."

Charlotte shakes her head, "I just don't know what to say. Can I sit with you for a while. You don't have to talk."
I nod, "I would like that thanks."
Charlotte gets herself something to drink and we just sit together in silence.

Suddenly there a burst of sounds and voices as the door slams open and pretty much every driver on the grid walks in.
Max and Lando come up to me as soon as they spot me.
They can tell by the look on my face I really don't want to talk, but they give me a hug.
"We are here for you if you need us." And they sit down at the same table.

One by one the others join us, I feel hands on my shoulders. Charles and Pierre also hug me and George squeezes my hand for a second.
They don't say anything, but I can just feel their support as everybody comes to sit with us. Even the drivers I haven't met before are there with me.
Sebastian first speaks up, "I know we haven't had the chance to properly be introduced, but I think I speak for all of us here when I say we support you and Daniel completely."
Everybody nods their head in agreement.

"Look Sky, what that reporter did was disgusting. But the way you handled it with Will... that was fantastic." Lewis says and I can feel myself tear up again because of all the support I get.
Daniel finally walks in as well, he immediately walks to me and I stand up so I can let him hold me.
Just his presence makes me feel so much better. He really is all I need, he's my person, my soulmate and in his arms I feel safe and secure.

"Hi guys, it's really nice of you to sit with her. I'm really glad you all support her." He tells everyone sitting there.
He sits down and pulls me on his lap.

"Look man, there's nobody on this table that believes that story the reporter came with. Most of us haven't met Skylar before now, but we've seen you two on social media and we heard Max, Pierre, Charles, Lando and George talking about you guys." Valtteri says, "there's no doubt that there's a crazy amount of love between you and seeing you together now proves it. We all believe her and I'm sure if anybody asks us anything, we will support you both. We are family here and family looks after each other."

"Thank you so much. I really wish I could have been introduced to all of you in a different way. But hearing this and seeing you here supporting us makes me feel a lot better." I smile and look at all the guys around the table.

I look at Daniel, "I think after today it's a very good idea to give your social media person access to my social media to filter the DM's I'm going to get after today. Or already have in my inbox, but I don't feel like checking it right now."
Daniel nods, "yeah I think that's wise. I'm sure most will be on your side, but there are always people that find it necessary to be hateful. We'll stop by her when we go back to the hotel."