You got this

"Shit I was fine during practice, but now it gets real." Daniel paces around his drivers room an hour before quali.
He's suddenly feeling extremely nervous, something I haven't experienced like this for a quali or a race before.
"Hey don't get yourself so worked up. You have had 3 amazing practices. Ending in the top 3 every time. So maybe Alonso was fast this last practice. But you had a higher fuel load I think"

I grab his hand to stop him from pacing.
"Sit with me." I pull him on his couch next to me and pat my lap.
"Lay down handsome. Let me help you relax." He sighs and lays down with his head on my lap.
I immediately start combing his hair with my fingers. Something that he loves and which usually helps to relax him.
"You always know how to make me feel better." He's almost whispering now he is finally calming down.

"Of course I do, I'm your wife remember. I should know these things. Your son is awake by the way." I can feel him kicking already, so Daniel turns his head, pressing his ear against my bump.
"Hey baby girl. Talking to you and feeling you move in there really helps me pull myself together. I really can't wait to finally meet you. But I know I have to be patient. You have a lot of growing to do. Daddy loves you so much."

It's like peanut actually moves towards his voice, because at first I felt most movements more at the top of my bump, but now it's like he is more at the front where Daniel is.
"Can you believe I'm already 28 weeks tomorrow. Only 12 more weeks to go. It's getting closer and closer, but it also feels to far away still." My fingers are now massaging his scalp, extracting a soft moan from him.
"Please don't stop." I smile as I see him close his eyes, his hand still placed where peanut is kicking pretty forcefully right now.

"28 weeks, I still remember Singapore where you found out. That was an amazing day. I've been such a lucky man, ever since I met you my life has just been great. Ok except for the miscarriage and my accident. But besides that, I have you to thank for all of that. You have made me the happiest man alive."
I see his sweet smile and I almost melt.

"I'm the lucky one. I've got the man of my dreams here with me. I sometimes still pinch myself to see if I'm not dreaming."
We hear a knock on the door, ruining the moment.
"Daniel it's time to get ready." It's Laura, Daniels assistant.
"I'll be there in a minute."

Before getting up he presses a kiss on my bump. "Wish me luck baby girl."
I'm wearing a skin hugging top and suddenly I feel a hard kick and at the same time we see the spot where we felt it move.
"Auw that was actually a really hard kick. But did you see that? Was that really visible on the outside or is my mind playing tricks on me?" I say looking at Daniel.
"Oh no I saw that as well. Wauw that was pretty amazing and a bit freaky as well. I mean feeling it is one thing, but actually seeing a foot pushing from the inside out is so weird. But so beautiful."

"That was your son, kicking your ass, telling you to get in that car and get the best quali laps out of that car. You know you can do it." My bump is now getting to the size that it's sometimes a bit hard getting up from the couch. I can, but it just takes a bit more effort.
Daniel grabs both my hands to help me up, I give him a quick kiss.
"Now go get em my honey badger. Show them the fierce, fearless man I know."

He opens the door where Laura is waiting for him.
"Ready Daniel?" She says smiling at me at the same time.
"I am now. Let's kick some ass."

I'm standing next to Michael in the garage watching the screens as Q1 is only 2 more minutes. It's not looking good for McLaren, Lando might just make it to Q2, but Oscar will have to find 8 tenth somewhere and I don't expect he will. The car is maybe even worse than last year.
Max is P1 right now, Alonso P2 and Daniel P3. Which is already far better than what he ever had in McLaren.
Ferrari is looking alright, they are P4 for Charles and P6 for Carlos.