Letting go

I'm standing on the side of the stage where Brad is playing his heart out. I've been standing here taking it all in and enjoying every second of it.
Morgan has warmed up the crowd perfectly, I have never heard either of them live, but Morgan was incredible.
Brad is just crazy talented, the way he is playing his guitars is insane, I just don't understand how he does it.
I know there's only 2 more songs before he will start with 'Whiskey Lullaby' which is one of the duets I'm doing with him.

Normally he does that and the crowd will join him in the female part, but now I will walk out on stage singing a long with the chorus. I'm all prepped and ready, my earpieces are in, somebody has the mic for me so I can take it walking out. We did a couple of sound checks and everything went perfect, so it should be fine now as well.

Daniel comes up behind me and gives me a big hug.
"I'm so proud of you baby. They will love you."
"Thanks for this handsome. I know my first reaction wasn't very nice. But I am really thankful, it's so sweet that you tried so hard to get them to notice your messages. A bit stalker like, but I know you meant well." I turn around to give him a kiss when I hear Brad starting to play 'Whiskey Lullaby'

"That's it, I have to get ready. Wish me luck."
I take a few deep breaths.
"You don't need it, just enjoy yourself. I love you" he squeezes my hand and I take the microphone.

I walk out from the side of the stage and start my part of the song.

The rumors flew but nobody knew how much she blamed herself
For years and years she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath
She finally drank her pain away a little at a time
But she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind
Until the night

I'm now standing next to Brad and I see so many people in the crowd. I can't see their faces except for the ones right in front of me and they seem surprised, but not in a negative way.
As soon as this song finishes, Brad continues to play 'Remind me'. The first song is really soft and I didn't really need a lot of power in my voice, but with this song I can give a lot more.

I quickly look to the side where I see Daniel who is almost radiating with pride. I'm having so much fun, the nerves have all vanished since the first word I sang and Brad also makes me feel super comfortable.

"Make some noise for the talented Skylar Hayes everybody. She has agreed to join me for 3 shows and I'm extremely happy to have her on the stage with me. Give her some love!"
The song has ended and Brad talks to the crowd which is making plenty of noise.
"Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone, but I'll leave Brad to it now. He's the one you came here for. Enjoy the rest of the night." I wave and then make my way back to the side where Daniel is waiting.

He holds his arms out and I jump into them. He picks me up and spins me around before smashing his lips onto mine.
"Goddamn you were amazing, I'm so glad I've been able to witness this." He says after breaking up the kiss.
I've got my legs wrapped around him and I feel a lot of vibrations between them.
"What is that?" I ask and he grins.
"Just our phones blowing up." I put my feet back on the ground and he takes both our phones out of his pockets.