chapter48

Until there were only two people left in the room, Ling Xia suddenly became uncomfortable, and his every move felt extremely awkward. But what should be asked was still to be asked, and he said carefully: "Murong Girl, before you... Do you know Ajahn?

Murong Xue nodded, and his tone was slightly low: "I saw him when I was a child. From a young age, wherever she went, she was surrounded by a group of respectful handmaidens. The farthest she traveled was from the palace to the medical center. She was warned not to talk to strangers, not to go down the mountain, not even to have friends—the people who lived here were her subordinates.

When she was four years old, once in a while, she saw several women in the herb yard beating up a little child she had never seen before, a child about the same age as herself, but a poor thin man.

Even though he was beaten and scolded by several adults like this, he pursed his lips and did not say a word.

There was a little red tear mole in the corner of his eye.

Murong Xue's heart was terrified, and he immediately began to cry bitterly. Her maid immediately went over and ordered the women to kneel down and each of them to clap their mouths a hundred, and commanded: "Hurry up and drive this evil obstacle to the back mountain, and don't frighten the holy woman!" 

The child was rudely dragged out by the neckline, and Murong Xue was held in her arms by her nursing mother and walked back. She saw the child's expression in her tearful eyes, stubbornly gritting her teeth, and there were clear palm prints on her face, but not a single tear.

Murong Xue very much wanted the man to let go of the child, but he didn't know what to say.

Someone else always came to teach her what to do, but what she thought in her heart was always the humble but emotionless admonition of the maid: "This is not okay, holy woman." When

she returned, she asked the nursing mother closest to her, "Grandma Cha, who is that child?" Aunt Cha's eyes were no longer the usual kindness, but the disdain and hatred that had never been seen before: "That's a rude and hateful man!" It only deceives us women, and the holy woman remembers never to get along with these filthy things.

Later, she finally couldn't hold back her curiosity and sneaked out during her nap, wanting to see the outside world. It was just that she was running and running, and she actually got lost and went to the back hill, and unexpectedly saw the boy again.

The setting sun had stained the ground with an orange-red color, and the boy was teasing a puppy under a tree. He took out some steamed buns from his arms, and the expression on his face was different from the last time, and the expression on his face was also extremely gentle. Murong Xue looked at the furry little animal curiously, and wanted to touch it, but he didn't dare. She could only hide behind a tree and secretly watch.

She felt that the boy was not as terrifying as Grandma Tea had said.

A tall woman suddenly came over and slapped the boy's face to the side. She casually squeezed the neck of the puppy and sneered: "Mean thing, don't go to work and raise dogs?" You stole the kitchen buns, right? She said, and actually threw the puppy off the cliff.

The boy pounced like crazy and bit her hand.

Murong Xue's heart was pounding, and his heart was very sad. But she clutched the trunk of the tree, as if her heel was nailed, and watched as the boy was beaten by the woman and fainted, never standing out. Later, she was found and carried back, and she was strictly guarded and taught for many days, until she assured everyone that she would never run around again.

Later, she heard someone praying to the Protector that the boy was missing.

When Murong Xue said this, he slowly raised his head, and his beautiful eyes as clear as water were full of self-reproach: "Are you also disgusted and despised me when you hear it?" Although I was honored as a saint at the Virgin's Peak, I couldn't do even the slightest thing I wanted to do.