Chapter 3-Day One

Without any of my consent, my body is flung into a room, the door closes behind with a gentle hum, abandoning me in loneliness, the room I'm rudely tossed into is stark white, empty of any furniture, color and objects, the walls are clean and smooth, the illusion of me not being in a room at all roots a headache in my brain, but besides that, the space is just a plain, ivory room that harbors a freezing temperature, I crawl to my feet, detecting a menacing chill in the atmosphere, with ferment knotting in my stomach, I erect there. Unsure of what to do "welcome, Rose", I birl my head towards the origin of the voice, with swollen orbs, I find the Betrayer standing a few feet before me, impulsively, I dash forward, yelling out lividly, but I impact a hard, firm surface, a sudden pain explodes across my forehead as I stagger away from her, hissing through clenched teeth "a Barrier, fascinating isn't it?, to be able to fend off an enemy without even lifting a finger", I glare at her sullenly "although I apologize, I had to take precautions, I knew that would be your first reaction". "Where am I?" I probe, ignoring the incessant hammering in my head "a WICKED Compound a few miles underground, the sole survivor, thanks to the Right Arm", I glare at her as my hands clench into fists "irony is funny really, you fought so hard to ensure you would never be captured by WICKED, yet here you are", she smirks smugly "what do you want from me?" I query antsily "a change of clothes would be appreciated", suddenly a stack of clothes appear in the room alongslide me, I'm startled by it "but what we really want is your assistance". I growl towards her "I will never help WICKED" I reply gallantly "I'm glad you said that, you made this easier for me", suddenly the wall adjacent to me becomes crystal clear, allowing me to gaze into the room beside mine, I gasp as my orbs land upon Minho's figure, he espies me too, dashing towards me, I mimick, but we both are harshly brought to a halt when we realize there's a Barrier separating us "Minho", a stifled cry, he mumbles something incoherent from his side of the Barrier, most likely my name, suddenly, the door behind him opens. Two armored guards stalk towards Minho, he stiffens, allowing his orbs to display his fear, they harshly haul the boy away from me "stop! What are you doing?! Don't touch him!", I slam my fists against the Barrier, unfazing it, then it begins, the relentless blows, at first they are minor, a slap to the face, the shoving and rude remarks, then they worsen, a punch to the ribs, a merciless blow to the face, the kicking and the incessant mocks, all while I witness it powerlessly, I slam my fists against the wall until they bleed, I scream until my throat is destroyed. Anything for them to cease, but they continue, blood splatters across the white floor, the scarlet tint smudging against the floor, his nose is surely broken and guttural coughs filled with his own blood escape from his lips, I begin to sob as I watch the guards harm my friend, but panic settles in when I note the guards unsheathe menacing blades "please! Stop! I'll help you! Just please! Stop!", finally the guards stop, placing their menacing weapons back into their holsters, Minho heaves unnaturally on the ground, not even attempting to move "I'm sorry, Minho". I cry uncontrollably, my entire body quaking from their power "I tried", the guards obtain Minho's arms and drag him further away "wait! Where are you taking him!?" I shriek, again powerless as they drag Minho out of the room and the Barrier fades away, returning to the bare wall that was there before "they have to clean the room and clean him up, he has more testing appointments to attend to, so we have to have him looking presentable", I contain my anger within, although it claws at me and begs to be released "now, you really want to help Minho?". I glare at her as I pant loudly "you have to eat and look more presentable", my orbs glance at the pile of clothing, noticing a white plate that is filled with palatable fruits "I will leave you to it", suddenly, she disappears, leaving me alone, I warily stroll towards the pile of clothes, I gaze around, ensuring no one was around, I slowly peel off my shirt and toss it aside, obtaining my new shirt, the shirt has thin straps and is a dark azure tint, I swiftly tug it over my head, abhoring my vulnerabile state. I then slide off my pants and switch them with the new ebony pair WICKED gifted me with, with a brand new pair of dark brown combat boots, but once the shoes are laced securely and I grab the next item of clothing, my breath hitches, recognizing the friendly sheet of cream that's too massive for my slender body, Newt's hoodie, although the hoodie is restored to its pristine state, no longer harboring the struggles of living in the Glade, I recognize the hoodie easily, as I gawk at it, a piece of parchment slips from the hoodie, falling to the floor. As I happily slip on the hoodie, I bend over to obtain the small object, delicately allowing my fingers to graze against the smooth surface, I open the crinkled surface and read the smooth delicate tracings that rest upon it, a relic of the past can be used as warmth for the future, WICKED, I snarl and rip up the paper lividly, Thomas was right, we never left WICKED, with daunting mulls, I obtain the plate, inch towards the corner of the room and slide my back down the wall, allowing the hoodie to cloak me in its familiar comfort.