Chapter 9-The Great Escape

Have you ever encountered a sliver in time where everything changed in an instant? Where you could be strolling through the woods to enjoy the fresh, late night air one moment, only to be laying on the ground littered in purple and blue, struggling to survive because you were the sole girl out that late the next? Where you could be tranquilly slumbering from a long day's toil one moment, only to wake up screaming from a nightmare the next? The world I reside in is constantly altering, rewritten with every retreat of the Sun and rise of the Moon. The world is never the same for more than a mere second, whether it be a new wind blowing across your face to the changing dirt beneath your feet, we constantly change, I'm different from a moment ago, older, more depressed, more hopeless, more exhausted, struggling harder and weaker, we change in the most unnoticeable ways, the world changes subtly so that you can admire it longer, but if you don't, you'll be caught in a perpetual whirlpool of confusion and chaos, so you better hope you're ready when the universe decides to alter in it's unpredictable grand design, because I know I'm not. The thunderous roars of a battle raging outside enter the car, the train wobbles unsteadily and the atmosphere has changed drastically, the guards currently are securing the armor around their bodies, their belts are lined with thick, menacing bullets "be right back, stay here with them, don't trust these kids one bit", Mark employs Jack "I'm sure you'll handle whatever it is", I orbit my orbs at this, Mark nods and glances directly at me "you watch yourself, no doubt these guys are here for the Munies", Jack nods ardently "if anything happens, try and move them to another cart". With that, Mark departs, jilting us in silence with Jack, after a few moments of silence, the patter of footsteps above us drags our attention, we all cant our heads up, unable to locate the origin of the source, the guard curses under his breath and paces back and forth, rapid shots enter the air, causing the guard to shift uneasily, then suddenly, the entire train jolts forward, we all yell out in surprise, from the force of the abrupt halt, my head bangs against the seat in front of me, causing my vision to blur. Reality becomes confusingly hazy, my brain swirls uncontrollably, the noise around me becomes muddled, chaos erupts around me, the body alongside me disappears from it's spot as everyone yells incoherent words, groaning, I bolster my pouding head, despising the cruel sound within the space that bounces harshly within my skull, but a voice just beside the car enters my ears, somehow able to slither into the chaotic space, but I discern it clearly, immediately recognizing the voice, my breath hitches and my entire body becomes numb, tears spring from my orbs and my heart revs, I'm unsure if it's reality or fantasy. "Don't bloody rush me, Tommy", the words ram into my chest as I shakily place my hand upon the side of the container, unsure if I was dreaming, but the moment my hand touches the cold metal, time is warped to a slow, dragging lazily, for the moment my hand grazes against the side of the car, I can feel him, my Newt, my orbs widen as I can practically witness his orbs staring in disbelief into mine, I espy his trembling lip and the pools that accumulate around his orbs "Rose?", I exhale shakily and smile faintly. "Newt" I breathe out, he releases a shaky breath "we're here, save us", overcome with fatigue, my hand slumps from the wall, terminating our small connection, huffing laboriously, I hang my head low and allow my orbs to slip shut, unable to keep them open, not paying much heed to the chaos around me, I'm ready to succumb, I heard his voice one last time, I flinch as the sound of ricocheting bullets enters my ears and indecipherable demands slither inside, but before long, I detect the entire car lift into the air, relieved and joyous cheers fill the space. After a tranquil and silent journey, the entire car thumps, jolting us all slightly, the detection of hanging in the air recedes as I discern soft pads of feet impact the ground, murmurs from outside the car surround us, fading in and out of consciousness, I struggle to know what is occurring, but before long, a loud bang sounds, causing a few to scream, but with the sound of feet entering the space, the fearful murmurs quiet, soft consolations escape our arcane saviors, a sharp intake of breath beside me startles me slightly, but I don't move "what's wrong, Tommy?", "Minho, he's not here". Too weak to lift my head and gaze at the boy I have been desperate to gaze at, I essay to utter a word, a sound, anything to ensnare their attention, but the feet stroll away from me, abandoning me in the hopeless darkness, but another pair of feet unevenly tetter towards me, lingering as if they were searching "Newt, come on, Minho's not here", it couldn't be him, I'm dreaming, this isn't real, I mentally prepare myself to awaken back in WICKED's grasp, still in the familiar room, it's not below WICKED to give me false hope. But a sharp intake of breath severs my darkening mulls "Rose?", the uneven steps stagger swiftly towards me, skiding to a halt as the owner kneels down beside me, a gentle hand cups my chin and lifts my head, but when my barely open orbs gaze upon my savior, my entire body stiffens, familiar brown orbs that are pooling with solaced tears gaze at me, full with a vigorous glint of ardor "Rose" he huffs out, smiling widely, without returning the gesture, I graze my fingers against his cheek, smiling faintly at his warm skin "Newt, you're here, you're real".