Chapter 62-A Glimpse Of Us

He merely sends me a sprightly sneer, I notice how his nose scrunches up from his actions "anything like how long we knew each other?" He questions, altering the subject "not exactly, but I would guess we've known each other since we were kids, considering we've never known life outside of WICKED", he nods to my words, he redirects his attention back to the rack, locating an ebony uniform that's excellent for Thomas's frame, he begins to inspect it for any indications of stains or damage "I like to think I knew you when you were a cute little girl". I glare towards him spiritedly "but I sometimes wonder if we were together even before the Maze", I allow my gaze to follow him towards the rack with our uniforms, placing the one for Thomas on it as well "what makes you say that?" I question him "well, I never told you this, but when I first met you, I felt like I knew you already" he explains "like Thomas with..." I falter, unable to speak her name "yeah, like them", he appears to sense my predicament "even when you arrived in the Box, when I first laid my eyes upon you. I felt a pain in my head, like someone was banging my head with a hammer in a vain attempt to help me remember what I didn't know I forgot" he continues, I ponder to his words, relieved I wasn't the sole one in our relationship that felt this way "but what surprised me more was the familiarity in our first kiss", my heart flutters at the mention of it, I'm unable to prevent the smile forming upon my lips "it felt like I had already shared a kiss with you, like I already knew the way your lips felt against mine. Long before we even shared one" he explains further, waiting for my response as he stands a few inches before me, I face him, fiddling with my fingers nervously "I know what you mean, because that's exactly how I've been feeling" I inform him candidly "to think, we cared for each other even despite all the danger it brought us", he advances closer to me, placing his uninfected hand upon my cheek, bolstering it affectionately "I just don't like to think what happened the day they sent you into that forsaken Maze without me" I shudder. "But we survived it, just like we'll survive this" he encourages me, I melt into his touch "just promise me you won't ever lose hope, Rose, for unlike Thomas who will use it as a veil to cover the darkness of this life, you use it as an armor to battle against it", enamored by his elegant words, my heart begins to flutter "I promise", he grins leaning in closer "to think you weren't much of a talker when we first met" I chuckle "I've changed for the better, all because of you, my Rose", I internally swoon to this. He finally links our lips together, delicately merging two shards to become one, overlapping my hand over his, I delve into the link, relishing in the detection of his lips upon my own, my heart sputters as he steers himself for better access to my lips, clinging onto them firmly, too soon he retracts himself from me, leaning his forehead against my own "Rose, there's something I've been meaning to tell you" he begins, huffing slightly from our link, I await for him to continue, gazing at him incredulously, noticing how nervous he's become "Rose, I lo-", "PUT ME DOWN!. LET ME GO!" Someone screams from outside the room, interrupting Newt and causing the two of us to jump with a start, redirecting our attention towards the entrance of the room "LET ME GO RIGHT NOW!", immediately, I flicker my gaze back towards Newt "speak of the Devil" I mumble spitefully, nodding and clenching his jaw, Newt swiftly latches his hand onto my own as he limps towards the door, I follow right beside him, as we step out into the hallway, a loud clang enters our ears, this drives me to excellerate my stride, fearful for Thomas, not to mention curious. Glancing up the flight of stairs we had taken, I sigh in relief as I watch Thomas cautiously transfer the Betrayer to Gally as he leaps through the entrance to our refuge, me and Newt dash up the flight of stairs, skidding to a halt at the entrance of the main room "I SAID 'LET ME GO'!" the Betrayer demands, I can't prevent the light chuckle that escapes me as I witness her thrash her legs about in vain, Gally's unaffected, and rather annoyed, features only worsens my laughter, he has her secured, languidly thrown over his shoulder. With her arms locked securely at her sides to prevent her from removing the covering over her head "oh, stop squirming" he mutters, orbiting his optics, carrying her to the center of the room "you're only making it harder for yourself" Thomas mutters, at the sound of his voice, the Betrayer gradually becomes motionless in Gally's grip, swiftly rushing towards the circular table in the center of the room, I activate the lamp as Newt limps towards the wall, pulling the lever that controls the lights, deactivating them, suddenly striding out from a room blanketed in darkness is Frypan, unaffected by the Betrayer's presence. He begins to gather the chairs in the room around the table, twisting them all in one direction before separating a single chair from the others, facing it towards the rest of them, Jorge leans against the wall further back as Brenda strides towards the table, nonchalantly settling in a chair, Frypan right beside her, with an expression seemingly displaying a sense of numbness, Thomas wordlessly follows after Gally, settling in the seat in the center of the group, I stroll to be beside him, placing a comforting hand upon his back, anticipating for an interrogation.

Author's info- Hello, reader! BOOM! Another great chapter and amazing cliffhanger! Oh my goodness! Let me tell you I was squealing like a pig writing these last few chapters! I really hate having a heavy theme for most of the book, so I thought I lighten it up a bit! I almost forgot what it felt like to write Rose and Newt being happy for once! And depsote that depressing thought, I really love how their slowly getting to know each other. And yes, I know I understand I may have rushed their relationship a bit in the beginning, but that is mainly because they knew they knew each other before the Maze and were unable to restrain themselves from being curious. This scene is mainly inspired around The Hunger Games movie! I loved this part mainly and thought I could twist it in my own personal touch to make sure it doesn't look like I am plagiarizing! I hope you guys loved that moment though! I hope you guys are enjoying the book! Now get ready for the next one because it's gonna get heated! Later reader!