Chapter 32-The Vigilantes And The Kidnappers

Wails of agony sound as unfortunately close figures are thrown into the air mercilessly, fleeing aimlessly in fear, shielding my head as another explosion erupts to my right, I coerce myself to accelerate, although it begins to become unbearably challenging as dust particles begin to invade my airways with every quick and frantic inhale, another explosion rings out, this time the mere proximity is enough to slightly damage my hearing, a hand encloses my own and I watch as Newt's frantic orbs gaze into my own "YOU OKAY, LOVE?!" Newt probes fearfully, unable to form comforting words, I nod my head slightly. "WE HAVE TO KEEP MOVING, LOVE!", Not allowing me time to prepare, he sprints off, tugging me along with him, but just as we begin to run, a missile erupts from right behind us, sending us flying into the air, I cry out as I skid across the rugged flooring, the sharp edges of the Earth slicing against my skin, for a brief moment I wish nothing more than to remain dormant there, but I scramble to my feet once I realize my hand is unaccompanied by Newt's "NEWT!" I wail desperately, whirling around frantically as my orbs scour the panicked crowd. Disoriented by the chaotic sounds and visuals that overwhelm my senses, I force myself to adjust rapidly as my gaze flits over the crowd, searching for any sign of my beloved Newt, my optics swell with relief when I finally locate him, but they morph into horror when I realize he's curled into a fetal possition, bolstering his wounded leg, my already fearfully high heart rate soars when I realize a crowd of people bulldoze his way, no doubt unconcerned by the fact they may crush him just to flee from the oncoming rain of explosions. Leaving no time for hesitation, I sprint towards him, my heart aching once I discern the awful sound of his painfilled groaning, I push myself to accelerate as the crowd comes dangerously close, just as I think I'm not going to reach him in time, I slide across the flooring, wincing slightly to more scratches littering my skin, but I ignore them, smiling in relief as I gaze into his painfilled orbs, understanding there's no time for words, I roughly place my hands underneath his arms and yank him forward, his feet barely being nicked by the oncoming frantic crowd. I huff laborously from the uncomfortably close encounter, not dwelling too long on it, I loop Newt's arm around my neck and slowly assist him to his feet, I grunt lowly, settling his feet down upon the ground, his face contorts from the unbearable pain "COME ON, NEWT! YOU CAN DO THIS!" I encourage him, he nods as a sign of self reassurance as he carefully settles his wounded leg on the ground, his teeth seal his lips shut as a bead of sweat drubbles down his temple "I'VE GOT YOU!" I shout "THIS WAY!" Frypan exclaims, sliding to an abrupt stop. He nearly trips over himself as he veers off to the left "WHERE YOU GO, I GO!" Newt professes, I send him a smile "USE ME AS YOUR ANCHOR!" I employ him as we ready ourselves "TOO LATE FOR THAT, LOVE!", I brush off the otherwise tender comment for later, knowing well enough it wasn't the time nor place to fawn over it, we dash, sprinting so fast the vicinity around us blurs into a muddled mix of hues and tones, we follow after Frypan through the crumbling passageways of the city and finally spring out from the other side, safe from the city's callous weaponry. Panting heavily from the ordeal, I attempt to steady my ragged breathing, wincing as my entire chest flares in annoyance to my overexertion, I allow Newt to deposit his weight upon me as he too desperately tries to steady his breathing "you.... Okay?" I huff out, he chuckles breathlessly, shaking his head "you're shucking suicidal" he replies, I send him a smile "only for you, Handsome" I confess, he chuckles once again as I flicker my orbs over his shoulder, smiling in relief as Thomas, Brenda and Jorge as dash from out the tunnel. Minuscule dust particles invading the passageways from the wake of yet another missile "I care about you", the sudden profession causes me to redirect my heed towards Newt, I grin bashfully at him, my heart fluttering "I care about you too" I return, in a swift flash, Newt's optics swell and he shoves me to the ground just as those words leave my lips, I grunt out when I impact the ground, but my orbs swell when I realize a masked man wearing a black vest and an oxygen mask is latched onto Newt, grabbing him by the collar of his coat. "NEWT!" I exclaim, scrambling to my feet and charging towards the man, but I stop in my tracks as another captures me from behind, lifting me off the ground "LET ME GO! NEWT!" I cry out, lashing out agressively "ROSE!", he thrashes in vain, carelessly being thrown into the back of a van, I begin to scream, kick, bite and claw, anything to somehow be released, I retaliate as much as I'm able as the rest of the group is also kidnapped by the masked ground "THOMAS!" I exclaim as he's forced towards a van "ROSE!". "BRENDA! NO!" Jorge screams as he and Frypan are forced into the same van Newt's in, the masked men roughly throw Thomas and Brenda inside another van, climbing in after their captured, I whip my head back and forth, hearing a satisfying crack sound and the incoherent curses of my captor, I assume I broke his nose, but I am in vain, I'm tossed inside the back of the van with my captor climbing in right behind me as I scramble to flee from the menacing man, without moment of hesitation, my captor seals the door shut, abandoning us in murky darkness.

Authors info- Hello there again! Hope you guys haven't been too bored without me!! If you were, here's a little gift from me to you! Updates still have no schedule, but I will try to update as much as possible from now on!! Life has been crazy and I really needed a break, but I am back and better so I can finally start writing again!! I missed you guys!! Hope you guys are doing great and I hope you guys loved the chapter! Leave a comment, vote and share with everyone you know!! Really excited for the next chapter so I will see you there!! Later reader!!