Chapter 57-Dreams Do Come True

In a flash, Newt opens his orbs, alight with fury, no remnant of grogginess within his piercing gaze "N-Newt?" I question, uneased by his stare, he growls towards me, unhesitantly launching forward, I scramble away, landing onto the hard flooring of the room, tangled momentarily by the blankets, I frantically rush to unbind myself, my wide orbs inspecting his every move, grunting out through clenched teeth, I watch as he presses his hands against his head, mumbling incoherent curses that float gently towards my ears, leisurely rising to my feet, I cautiously advance towards him, devastated by the sight of his tormented figure. I kneel down before him, aware of his agonized frame, I place a reassuring hand upon his knee, helpless as he scrunches his body into a cowering position "hey, it's okay, you're gonna be okay" I hush him, allowing my hand to slide across his leg in comforting circles "it... Hurts" he grunts out, I detect my heart shattering to his words "I know, but it'll pass, don't worry" I whisper towards him, shifting my body closer to him, he exhales through clenched teeth, grunting out in pain, frowning at his exacerbated state, my mind races. Attempting to conjure a productive solution, my gaze redirect upon him, uncertain how to relieve him "hey, look at me" I command him gently, he remains fixed in his position "look at me, Newt", this time I direct his face upwards with my hands, kindly enclosing his face in my grasp, his clouded gaze links with my own, his horror glistens within the gloom of the unlit room "it's gonna be okay, I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere" I state, untouched by the pessimistic atmosphere "are you sure?" He questions, vulnerabilty lacing his tone "there's no where else I'd rather be". I watch as his gaze slowly becomes clear, unburdened by their oppression, slackening his tense shoulders, he allows himself to slump fairly, lowering his head as he attempts to level his breathing, I exhale, granting a feeble grin to appear upon my lips, but as soon as my body begins to entirely relax, Newt lunges forward, shoving me to the floor, I wince as my left elbow skids against the firm flooring, my entire left side jolted from the sudden attack, swiftly gathering my bearings, I rise to my feet, orbs wide as I watch Newt stagger away. Stumbling in a way one would under the influence of drunken stupor, grunting out as he applies pressure to his temple, he balancing himself with a trembling hand against the wall, viligently following after him, I extend my hands out towards him "Newt! What's wrong?! Talk to me!" I exclaim as he stumbles against the closet full of weapons, clinging to it for stability "it's my head... It's pounding" Newt struggles out, whimpering into the wooden closet, I manuever forward "hey, it'll be okay, just breathe" I comfort him "I can't! I don't have control over myself anymore!" Newt exclaims. In his fury, he overturns the wooden closet, causing it to crash onto the floor, blocking the door "it's okay, Newt, breathe, it's all gonna be okay" I reassure him, mindfully placing a tender hand upon his shoulder, but when I do, he grips my hand and launches me away from him, my soaring is brought to a cruel halt as the right side of my head slams into the sink, crumpling to the floor, I rapidly blink away the void of unconsciousness that threatens to block my vision, groaning as I steer myself to be on my knees, my arms wobbling from shock. My head pounds with torment and I detect something warm slithering down my cheek, with a trembling hand, I press my fingers against my temble, exhaling through clenched teeth as pain explodes around my entire head, retracting my hand, my orbs widen in horror, recognizing the ruby tint along my fingers, as my breathing becomes unsteady, a hand grasps onto my own, I realize how close Newt has become because of my distracted state, he maneuvers towards my hand, inhaling deeply through his nose as he stares carnivorously towards me "Newt, please, you're stronger than this" I plead. "Rose! Is everything okay?! Talk to me!", relief pervades my frame for a brief moment towards the familiar voice muffled behind the door, watching with hopeful orbs as the handle to the door jiggles, but tears of fear and unspeakable sorrow gather around my rims as the door remains still "Thomas! It's Newt! He's having an episode!", a powerful pound jolts against the door, I whimper as Newt only growls towards me, ignoring my words "don't make me do this" I whisper as he advances closer towards me "please, don't", the door jolts once again, the wooden closet moving slightly. "Don't", he steers towards me, a predator prepared for a feast of prey "don't!", I begin to sob, struggling in his iron grip, vain in my attempts, allowing my tears to stream down my cheeks, I gaze upon him, praying my horrified expression would be enough to break the Flare's hold "DON'T!", he launches forward, jaws ready to sink into my skin, I cringe, expectanting a gruesome demise, but he's flung off of me, frozen from shock, I watch as Gally tackles Newt to the ground, their bodies stumbling about the room as they struggle against each other for dominance. A hand is placed upon my shoulder, I flinch out from my stupor, my tearful and wide orbs link with Thomas's, which display utter sorrow and sympathy towards me, without any spoken words, Thomas transfers my body into his arms, viligant hands placed upon my back and the crook of my knees, not allowing me time to become aware of what is occuring as Jorge bursts into the room, gallantly partnering with Gally to restrain Newt, who howls in defeat, Thomas dashes out of the room, only to enter the room to the left of it, his room.