Chapter 24-Not Exactly A Ghost Tunnel

(Warning! Graphic Descriptions!)
Thomas and Frypan head back towards the car, preparing themselves, me and Newt remain at the base of the tunnel, a dulcet howl roots from the cave, a chilling breeze whips past my body, causing my senses to heighten, mountains of unrest sprout along my arms and strands of hair at the back of my neck stand proudly to my tenseness, the uneven prod of feet trek towards me, halting once beside me, my body detects him beside me "you sure about this?" I probe, diverting my orbs towards Newt, his chocolate orbs are tender towards me. He flashes that reassuring smile that easily idles me despite the eminent danger lurking before us "don't worry your head about it, Love, we'll get through it, find the Last City, and save Minho, I'm sure of it" he inspirits, I send him a frail smile "I hope he's doing okay" I admit, Newt steps in front of me, blocking my view of the precarious journey ahead with his kind smile, gingerly he cups my cheek, caressing my skin fairly "all will be well, my Rose, I just know it" he encourages me, nurturing my smile, he leans in, connecting our lips. Their respectful graze surprises me, but I adore it greatly, for it softens the menacing edges of the unknown, severing our lips, which create their unique sound, I note the ghostly smile causing the rims of his lips to curl upwards, curious of it, I detect myself being ensnared by it, only for it to fall into an uncertain frown "we should go", taking my hand, we both stroll to the car silently, I attempt to ignore the emptiness that begins to occupy my every nerve as our fingers disconnect, crawling into the car, I mentally prepare myself. Buckling myself in as I tap my foot restlessly, Frypan begins to activate the vehicle once again, manually switching on the lights outside "Newt, there's a hand-held beam by your feet, could you hold that out your window, please?", Newt nods "got it", he locates the beam and activates it before placing it right beside his window, I gnaw my lip uneasily, noticing how exposed his arm is to the danger outside "here we go" Frypan informs us, we collectively take a deep breath before he eases the vehicle forward, slowing guiding us into the heart of the abyss. I squint my orbs as my vision adjusts to the alteration in lighting, but when they do, my entire face falls in horror as I witness the disaster ahead "woah" I mumble, leaning forward to gaze at the view ahead more properly, placing my hand upon the back of Newt's seat to steady me, gawking at the scene of unspeakable destruction, countless abandoned cars are scattered about the tunnel, wrecked beyond repair "what happened here?" I question tenderly, not defying to provoke the silent vicinity girding us "I don't know, Love" Newt replies, glancing at me briefly "but I don't want to know either". Thomas nods, concurring "good that, just... Take your time, Fry", Frypan nods, gripping the steering wheel tautly "yeah, I got it", my frantic orbs flit around, suspicious of every darkened corner or looming shadow beside us "do you think the rest of the world is like this? Imagine the horror these people witnessed as WICKED left them to die" I speak distantly, a hand curls around my own, Newt's ruthful expression presents itself to me "which is why we're bringing WICKED down, once and for all" Newt reassures me, I nod feebly "sit back, Love, just in case". I sit back, gazing outside my window as another ruined vehicle passes us, tears gradually accumulate when I spot the slumped figures of a woman and a man, their bodies a shredded mass of exposed tissue and organs, crusted flakes of their blood surround them like frost on trees, I suppress a gasp of horror and revolt, my sorrow deepens when I note that although they're certainly deceased, their hands remain linked to each other, their last touch before their demise, I sink into my seat, my hands shakily tighten my seatbelt, the ominous detection of danger lurking is potent. "Woah, woah, woah" Newt mumbles suddenly under his breath, extending a hand to Frypan's seat, his entire body tensing up instantaneously, the car skids to a halt abruptly, as it does I peek my head over Newt's seat, only to espy a lone Crank erected several yards away, twitching it's body in disturbing, inhuman ways, immediately, my heart halts and fear courses through my veins "oh, shuck" I gasp in horror "Tommy, with your life" Newt reminds Thomas, a warm, comforting hand engulfs my suddenly frigid one, I whip my head towards Thomas, who's orbs, although alight with fear, are overflowing with undettered resolution. "With my life", I send him a small smile, bashful by his words, staring at the appalling creature with wide orbs, my breath hitches in my throat "just, uh... Keep going slow and steady, Frypan", I place an encouraging hand on the back of Frypan's seat, inhaling shakily, Frypan sends me a hesitant glance before redirecting his heed ahead "alright" he mumbles insecurely "slow and steady, slow and steady..." he murmurs repeatedly, clearly nervous, Newt deactivates the beam, settles it down upon his lap and hastily grabs the window lever to swiftly roll up his window. However before Frypan can touch the gas petal, something slams into the window to my left, which is beside Thomas, with a loud thud, rooting us all to snap our heads towards the direction of the sound, a pallid woman pounds persistently on the window, dominantly dark veins buldge in her neck, mouth and skin, slick with a disturbing, rotting ebony tint, juxtaposing her lifeless, pale face, but what frightens me most was not the thriving spider webs of insanity littering her healthy derma, not even how wide or deranged her orbs are, but how they're unspeakably lifeless.

Author's info- Hello, my fellow readers!! BOOM! Another great chapter and amazing cliffhanger!! Man, things are heating up and I'm slightly ready for it!! The next chapter is gonna be a bit violent!! So this is my early warning!! And I'm just going to tell you this as a heads up, the next chapter is a bit steamy and it might be a bit violent and dark for you younger readers, so if you wish, you can skip ahead! But for those of you who live dangerously and read the next chapter, you have been warned!! I hope you guys loved this chapter as much as I loved writing it!! I cannot wait to see what happens next!! The next chapter is going to be amazing!! I know it!! Don't forget to comment, smash that voting star, share your critique and share this book with everyone you know!! The more readers the better!! I probably should get going! The next chapter isn't going to write itself!! I will see you guys next chapter!! Can't wait!! I love and appreciate all of you!! See you later reader!!