Chapter 25-The Graceful Car Crash

(Warning! Violent Content!)
I jump back to the opposite side of the car, obtaining the back of Thomas's collar and roughly yank him away with me, clinging to his arm as my orbs widen in fright as the woman flashes an erring smile towards me "what a beautiful young lady you have there", Thomas stiffens, instinctively shifting himself in front of me to keep me as far from the grotesque creature as possible, glaring at the woman as I shudder to the disturbingly humane sound of her voice concealing her crazed mind "you think she's gonna save you?", the woman cackles fatuously. Subconsciously, I squeeze Thomas's bicep, noticing how tense the effortlessly toned muscle is "she couldn't even help me" the woman sneers "she couldn't help us", she begins to laugh farcically through the trickling rivers of tears, suddenly, the door I lean against jolts, followed by a strange, gurgling, shrill scream birthed from behind me, I jump towards the center seat in response, only to land upon Thomas's leg, in other instances, I would've awkwardly apologized, but my attention is drawn towards the rotten, fleshy face of a hideous man growling and scratching at my window, I freeze fearfully. "FRY!" Thomas warns as he settles me close beside him, both of us clinging to each other fearfully as we scramble to stay away from the monsters outside of the car "WE GOTTA GO!", "OH, KLUNK!" Frypan exclaims as another Crank appears outside his door "SHUCK!" Newt screams, leaning away from his window as a fourth monster snarls at the glass beside him "FRY! GET US OUTTA HERE!" I wail desperately as the monster at my window scratches against the strong glass, resulting in a piercing pitch that rings from the unpleasant nails, I writhe around in pain, hissing audibly. Aggressively covering my ears in attempt to block out the shrewd noise "JUST FLOOR IT, FRY!" Thomas demands "HOLD ON!", sparing us mere seconds to prepare, Frypan slams his foot onto the gas, a Crank emerges from the remains of another car and scrambles onto the hood of ours, snarling and retching beastily "SHUCK! KLUNK! HOLY FREAKING GLADE!" I curse mindlessly as the speed of the car forces my back against my seat, watching as the creatures on the sides of the car lose their grip and are flung off harshly, however, the Crank at the front doesn't budge, unfazed. In fact, it roars vigorously before drawing it's fist back and punching the front window so hard, the sturdy glass splinters into a spider web of weakness from one end to the other "WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!" Newt exclaims frightenedly, gripping onto the handle of the passenger door and the shoulder of Frypan's seat tightly, charging down the tunnel, Frypan begins to swerve the car side to side, attempting to rid of the Crank on the hood whilst doing his best to avoid the ruins of the cars littering our path hazardly, me and Thomas are tossed back and forth roughly. "FRY! SHAKE HIM OFF, MAN!" Thomas orders tensely, his side pounding against his door brutally, wincing in pain briefly before he is launched once again from the persistent swerving "I'M TRYING!" Frypan hollars, twisting the steering wheel back and forth frantically, my body is flung into Thomas's "COME ON! GET THAT SHUCKING THING OFF!" I clamor, growing annoyed, we all continue to scream and shout at one another, our anxiety and adrenaline levels soaring frighteningly high, finally, Frypan makes a sharp turn to the right and the Crank slips off the hood and onto the left side of the car. However, it manages to obtain a grip on the driver's door, and it begins to punch at Frypan's door with all the strength remaining inside it "FRYPAN! THE WINDOW'S GONNA BLOODY GIVE WAY!" Newt shouts, orbs wide as he watches the side window begin to crack "HANG ON!", the entire car, along with us inside, turns towards the left, just close enough for the hideous creature to be rammed into the remains of the broken down car approaching us, the utter force throwing the sickly monster off our vehicle, although my heart pounds aggressively against my rib cage, I sputter out a light laugh of relief. Gazing at Newt in disbelief, he glances back at me, clearly shocked and scarred by the experience, his chest heaving heavy breaths that fail to steady his sprightly heart, Frypan glances back through the side mirror, watching as the Cranks topples onto the ground behind us, it's slumped figure growing distant "FRY! LOOK OUT!", as I note Thomas's every maw muscle contorting to his accompanying dread before the entire left side of the car elevates into the air, the tires rolling over the wreckage in the dirt powerlessly, flipping the car onto it's side. The four of us let out a cry in unison as the car rolls onto it's roof, sending all but me into the ceiling of the car as it slows to a halt, sealing our fate as our world is flipped upside down, I let out a weak groan as my entire body flares with trauma, attempting to gather my senses, coughing frivolously as the dust from the dirt road clouds our vision and invades our lungs, deeming it virtually impossible to catch our breath "shuck" I cough out, attempting to obtain a cleaner breath of air, Frypan wheezes heavily. Taking the key out of the ignition and deactivating the lights, as we fail to reorient ourselves, Thomas takes out his flashlight from his pack and allows the bright beam to illumate the space, squinting in defiance against the annoying dust particles that attack his orbs, examining his surroundings, shifting the beam of light towards the window on his side, I wince as I delicately apply pressure to my temple, failing to remain calm as a dark ruby tints my fingers, wincing as I move the locks that obstruct my face, the dust settles momentarily, allowing me to gaze at my friends.