Chapter 72-Property Of WICKED

Newt, staring at the motionless body of the young man in horror, limps to my right so that he's now closest to the daunting scene, I notice him redirect his attention from the mourning woman who now wails uncontrollably from the unimaginable loss, he then switches his grip on his Launcher from his left hand to his right, allowing his unoccupied left hand to protectively lay upon the small of my back, ushering me forward as we pass the pitiful woman, I shut my lids close, vainly attempting to rid myself of the image of the young man's lifeless body. Despite the minor gesture of protection that sends a sensation of slight ease, an expected affect, the rest of my frame is a senseless arctic, reducing my back to be the sole warm area in my entire body, we stroll our way beyond the sobbing woman and the WICKED guards, not a word is spoken between us until the deafening wails of the woman have faded into the background noise of the city that spares no moment of silence for her sorrow, I clear my throat, attempting to remove the collection of sobs that have gathered there, Newt remains silent. "You should be careful" I mutter to Newt mindfully "it's going to be suspicious with a WICKED officer committing physical contact with another like this" I warn him, despite not wishing for him to remove his hand "I don't bloody care" he mutters, divering his attention towards me and away from our heading, limping to be closer to me as he leans his head towards my own "you're the only reason I'm fighting this shucking virus with everything I've bloody got in me, so I intend on keeping you safe", a brittle smile blossoms on the ridges of my lips. We finally spot WICKED's towering, shimmering building in our sights to the right once we've approached the end of the tenth block, intimidated by the massive building glaring down at us menacingly, I almost shrink into myself, shifting uneasily to the sight, we swiftly veer off into the crowd, our stride accelerating with our flourishing anticipation, cautiously we squeeze through the bustling ocean of people along the slender path of the sidewalk, hastefully marching towards the north side of the building, but our steps wither to a halt as we approach the front, glass door entrances of the infamous facility. Huffing out heavily from the relief and adrenaline thriving within my frame, I notice various Researchers travel in and out through the doors as I listen to the surrounding sounds of the city "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!" I discern lucidly in the midst of all the bustling, I flicker my gaze upwards, realizing the origin of the words originate from somewhere above, higher up upon the facility itself, I examine the building for any indication of what might have produced the words, tilting my head to it's limit, my gaze widens when the gigantic screen on the front shift it's surface to display the warning. "Holy shucking klunk..." My voice trails off as I gape, causing Newt to swiftly direct his attention towards me and follow my line of sight, the screen displays an array of letters that glisten brilliantly onto our path, illuminating the street effortlessly, I read the words that are now plastered against the front of the building "WANTED: SCIENTIFIC ESCAPEES FOUND ON THE OUTER PERIMETERS OF THE CITY. IF FOUND, IMMEDIATELY REPORT TO WICKED", there, below the text, are four depictions, the first picture is Thomas, revealing only his face, examining his features, the photo appears to be recent. His features are younger, unstained and unaffected by the terrors that the Maze would gift him with, I assume the photo was captured a little less than a year ago considering his unimpacted state, below his picture are words I recognize, Group A, Subject A2: To Be Killed, the second picture is one of Newt, with his familiar label below his photo, Newt must have been much younger when the photo was taken, his feautres are bright with youth, implying the photo is an old one, the faded scar on his temple and collar bone are absent on his skin. I assume this photo of him was produced about three and a half, maybe four, years ago, I smile at how adorable his innocent orbs twinkle with endless possibilities, noticing the charming way his lips form a slanted, yet nearly missable, grin, the third image is one of myself, with my respected label undearneath, it's impactful blow resonating within my skull, I examine my photo, frowning at the spirited glow in my orbs and the untainted beauty within my features, the fourth, and last, photo beside mine is a hidden camera image focused into the crowd of Infected. Revealing Thomas, Newt and I, noticing Brenda and Jorge in the scene alongside us, I assume this was captured seconds before the missiles were discharged at us outside the city "wow, those slintheads forgot about Frypan" I mutter, gesturing towards the screen where I can lucidly spot the back of Frypan's head as he turns to glance out into the crowd, opposite of the camera, I shift my attention towards Newt "and how did they catch your chips and not Frypan's? Or Gally's? He was only a few yards behind us", I notice his lip purse thoughtfully, causing me to gnaw my own lips. "They're scanners from the Bergs must have only caught only one of us when we had first arrived to the outskirts of the city" he mumbles "then the camera showed them the rest", sighing after a long pause, Newt diverts his attention from the screen, motioning to his left "we need to get going", nodding in agreement, I clasp my Launcher in both of my hands, sparing another glance at the screen before jogging after Newt down the sidewalk, manuevering our way around the WICKED tower, cautiously strolling towards the backside, where the south doors reside.

Author's info- Hello, Reader! Oh my goodness! AHHHHHHHH! I am so sorry for such a deptessing chapter! I couldn't help myself! I also wanted this scene for plot and for later references! But, AHHHHHHHHH! This scene is so sad! I am trying to move on from it but I know it's effect is already taking toll! I will just leave that there for you guys. Anyway, despite the depressing topic that seems to have ruined these past amazing chapters, we are getting so close you guys! So close! I literally cannot express how hyped up I am and how ready I am for this to come to a brief end! Not to mention the huge announcements I have waiting for you all when this books come to a close! You guys better buckle up because this is going to be a bumpy and emotional ride! Let's not ignore how Rose and Newt totally compliment each other like (fangirl screeching) they are little flowers we have to protect at all costs! I love how even though they cannot communicate audibly, they are so familair with each other that they can easily see right through each other's disguises! AHHHHH! I am just so excited, nervous and emotional all in one right jow so just ignore my ranting! I hope you guys loved this chapter! Share youre critique and stay with me! We are almost there! Gotta go! Next chapter won't write itself! Later reader!