Chapter 80-The Apology

After a few laggard seconds, I gradually relax, firmly returning the gesture, as an overwhelming sense of contentment bursts from deep within my heart, Newt's hands leisurely shift to my waist, his gentle fingertips sprouting mounds of arousement along my arms, a thrilling shiver of delight slices down my spine as he confidently tugs me flush against his firm chest, pressing his body against mine in a matter that allows our hearts to beat in flawless synchronization, instinctively, I wrap my arms around his neck, gently brushing my fingers through his luscious locks, a faint smile twitching my lips upwards. His chaste mold overlapping my own, I begin to notice his desperation for more, but he restrains himself, shifting at the hidden pressure of his growing desire, with what appears to be painfilled restraint, he separates himself from me, my lips lingering with an exhilarating electricity tingling their surface, I stare at him, breathless from the gesture and gaze wide with questioning "I knew you were the one, my prescious Rose" he huffs out gently, at this my heart soars to a newfound ecstasy I've never experienced before, I melt into the hand that bolsters my cheek, caressing it ardently. My massive grin stretching the skin around my mouth "I won't let anything seperate us again, Love" he vows passionately "where you go...", I stare into his orbs "I go" he finishes, releasing me from his hold, he turns away to retrieve his gloves, sliding them over his hands "come on, we're short on time" he informs me, motioning me with his head, beaming, I manuever to reobtain my helmet, tugging on the loose strands of my hair back into their place as he grabs his helmet and limps towards the entrance, surveying the hallways viligantly, patiently waiting for me. I grab my helmet and begin to follow after him with no hesitation "hey, Rose", Gally's voice causes me to freeze in my tracks, I hesitantly turn my head towards him, connecting with his gaze "I'm sorry", the apology takes me by surprise, to the point that I don't bother to conceal it upon my features, and, for the first time, his words appear genuine towards me, they stike me right in the chest like an unpleasant blow, for a moment, I remain speechless, any shred of rage or hostility drains from my body the moment he spoke those words. I suddenly forget all that his very existence has brought towards me, all the trauma, the pain, the wrath, all of that forgotten with the cloak of sincerity upon his gaze, for the first time, I flash him a brittle grin, resulting in his own dumfounded shock "I forgive you, Gally" I whisper delicately towards him, not bothered by the clueless stares of the kids in the room, after sharing a reverent nod with him, I wordlessly slide my mask over my head, cloak my features and stroll out from the room, the burdensome weight in my chest lessening noticably. Gripping my Launcher stiffly, I confidently stroll down the hallway, with Newt to my right, who limps antsily alongside the left side of Teresa, Thomas marches beside her right, concerned gaze flickering suspiciously towards any guard that strolls too close for comfort, glaring at the Betrayer as a silent warning against any attempt of escape, she merely lowers her gaze onto the polished flooring of the hall, clenching her jaw at her powerlessness, we enter the main room once again, our firm boots thumping against the smooth floor "keep moving" Thomas orders, seizing the Betrayer's arm to navigate her towards the elevators. Once we reach the elevators, Thomas moves forward and presses a button, the almost indistinct whir of machinery enters my ears as we wait for the elevator, the distinct chatter of a radio surrounding our group, but as we wait, I notice something in my peripherals, a WICKED guard staring directly at our group, I restrain myself from tensing from nervousness "Thomas" I whisper fearfully as the guard begins strolling towards us, in an obvious manner, he twists his head towards my line of sight, I notice his shoulders stiffening as he moves forward to impatiently press the button again. I restrain myself from shifting uneasily at the detection of his stare hammering into my back, the sound of his heavy, armored boots thudding closer to our group, I flicker my gaze towards the guard, only to straighten myself as I notice he's a few feet from us now, curiously and suspiciously tilting his head at our group, his radio thriving with descriptions of us "Thomas, he's getting closer to us" I mumble again in warning "I know, come on, come on", Thomas presses the button multiple times, faintly cursing the contraption for it's passivity. I almost roll my orbs at his lack of discretion, after a few tense moments, a cordial chime enters our ears, inviting us inside the elevator, an invite we don't refuse, quickly, we file inside, Thomas ushering the Betrayer forward with a secure hand against her back, I begin to relax my muscles as Thomas presses the button to the floor we wish to travel to, and for a moment, we allow ourselves a breath of relief, that is before a hand slithers in through the slender gap of the closing doors, a jolt that strikes terror back into us. But as the owner of the hand slides in through the reopening doors, my entire chest sinks, I become thankful I'm disguised, my features display one of horror and dread, my entire face must be discolored from the shock, I discretely shift closer to Newt as the man enters the elevator "hold it" he mumbles, casually pressing his floor number, cluelessly standing beside the Betrayer, right in front of Thomas, I refrain from releasing any air from my lungs, certain any movement may reveal us, the doors close once again, trapping us inside with the one person who could destroy our plans, Janson.

Author's info- Hello, reader! BOOM! Another great chapter and amazing cliffhanger! OH MY GOODNESS, HI!!!!!! I KNOW IT'S BEEN FOREVER BUT I PROMISE I HAVE BEEN SUPER BUSY SND HAVE NOT BEEN PROCRASTINATING! IF ANYTHING I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO UPDATE THIS BOOK EVER SINCE I GOT BACK FROM MY TRIP! WORK HAS BEEN VERY DEMANDING AND NOW THAT I AM SIGNING UP FOR COLLEGE MY WORK LOAD AND STRESS HAS TRIPLED! BUT NOT YO WORRY! I WILL STILL TRY TO AT LEAST UPDATE ONCE OR TWICE EVEY WEEK! I ONLY HAVE TWO DAYS OFF FROM WORK AND THOSE DAYS ARE PACKED WITH PLANS AND RESPONSIBILITIES THAT TAKE MOST OF MY TIME AND ENERGY! BUT YAY!! I UPDATED! Anyway, so sorry for my long rant, I hope you guys haven't been too bored without me! I'm so ready to get this book over with because I really want to move on to what's next for me! I know I have the surprise I've been telling you about, and it's in my drafts as we speak, I also have been thinking about writing a different fanfic, but I won't get too much into that one because I need to finish my Maze Runner one first before anything else! I hope you guys loved the chapter and I hope you are ready because we are so close!!! So close!!! Speaking of chapters, this one really takes the cake! I cannot tell you how loud I screamed when I was writing the scene between Gally and Rose!! Now don't get me wrong, I could just have Rose hating Gally for the rest of this story, but that would have lack of character development, and that's no fun! So, Rose finally forgives Gally for all that he has done to her, and I'm so happy!! ! Hope you guys are too! And let's not forget the clue I put in this chapter and the last one! Anyway, I have to go, the next chapter won't write itself! Later reader!