Chapter 68-Brewing Battles

Retreating so that he could connect with me visually, he ambivalently links our lips together, a content smile faintly tickles the edges of my lips as I melt into his lips, adoring the delicate skim against my skin, firmly pressing our lips together, I maneuver my hands towards his locks, tangling my fingers within, tugging the ends gently, his hands indecisively slither down towards my waist, pressing me closer to him, our bodies instinctively merging into one, my heart flutters as he gingerly pinches my exposed waistline, teasingly tapping my bottom, severing his lips from mine, he sighs in relief. Relaxing from my touch "I wish we had more time", I mirror his dismal smile "we do, we're gonna break into WICKED, save Minho, get you the Cure and escape to the Safe Haven, then we can have our Happily Ever After" I encourage him, comfortingly combing my fingers through his tangled locks "I look forward to growing old with you" he admits, leaning his forehead against my own "and I dream of the day we have miniature versions of ourselves running around", his breath hitches to this "you want kids with me?" He questions "there's nothing more I could want more". Noticing the tears accumulating around his peripherals, I navigate my hand towards his cheek, caressing his skin "Rose?", instantly, his body alters, tense with not worry, but nervousness, I send him an incredulous stare, confused to his sudden change of behavior "yes, Newt?" I reply, allowing one of my brows to flicker upwards "there's something I need to tell you, and I need to tell you before anything else happens", crinkling my brows together, I wait for him to continue, already dreading the possible melancholic subject of what he might be concealing "Rose, I lov-", a knock sounds. Interrupting Newt and nearly shocking my senses into a panicked frenzy "are you two almost done in there?", the crude remark of Gally is muffled from the door of our room, sighing exasperatedly, Newt rolls his orbs "we'll be out there in a minute" he replies, sneering lividly towards the door, receding footsteps enter our ears before complete silence returns to the space "we should go, they're waiting on us" he informs me, detatching himself from my body, shocked by his detatched tone, I remain frozen, gazing at him addledly "what about what you need to tell me?" I question. Watching as he carelessly shrugs as he fumbles to clothe himself by slithering his feet into the uniform, in other instances, I would've giggled to the way he hobbles about in attempt to stick his wounded leg through the pants on the uniform "it's not important" he replies curtly, a piercing slash against my inquiring state "it seemed important to you" I retort as he adjusts the pants and buttons them "not as important as saving Minho" he snarls towards me, startled by his hostility, I stroll towards him as he slithers his hands into the sleeves of the uniform. Allowing the fabric to mold onto his frame, concealing his stunning stature from my sight, noticing the defeated tenseness in his shoulders, I encase my hands around his, discontinuing him from fumbling with his armored gloves, finally connecting with my gaze, I become mindful of the tears that gather in his orbs "think of it like this, now we have to survive the night, that way you can tell me on our way to the Safe Haven" I chuckle, gingerly tugging the gloves around his hands, caressing the area where his knuckles would be soothingly, he chuckles lightly, comparatively reassured. Our gloved hands coil around each other for comfort, our bodies radiating with confidence, rejuvinated from our intimate moment, prepared for the oncoming battle, our shoulders become tense with apprehension, not to mention our entire bodies are clothed in uneasiness from the WICKED uniforms, they cling to our bodies like an unwavering disease, although my uniform slackens slightly around my slender physique, I confidently stroll towards the main room with Newt alongside me, entering the room, we find the rest of the group huddled around the table where we had interrogated the Betrayer, the atmosphere is thick with tense anxiousness. Brenda and Frypan are bundled in their coats, arms crossed with grave frowns darkening their features, Thomas and Gally are also in their uniforms, with the Betrayer seated in between them in the chair she was interrogated in, head low in shame and defeat "about time you two got here, how long does it take to dress into disguises?" Gally launches our way "maybe that's not all they were doing" Brenda smirks surreptitiously when we don't reply to Gally's remark, I notice Thomas straightening himself, stiffening his entire body at the obvious implication, I tuck my brows together, momentarily confused. "Alright, so here's what we're doing", at the sound of Gally's voice, my attention flickers from Thomas towards him "I will be taking Teresa through the front, northern entrance of the facility, Newt and Rose, you two will come through the south doors", we both nod obediently, with the reassuring squeeze on my hand, I straighten myself, not allowing the blanket of trepidation to envelope me "Thomas, we'll need you going in from below" Gally explains, handing Newt and Thomas each a map with a different route scribbled onto each one "Brenda, Fry, you two have your locations and routes plotted out?". Flashing a confident smirk, Brenda nods "we're ready" Frypan grins "good that" Gally nods, sliding the mask over his head, allowing his features to become cloaked by his disguise, I shift uneasily to the sight, disliking how Gally appears to be a genuine WICKED guard "let's show those Shanks what were shucking made of", as everyone begins preparations for the night, an intimidating blanket obscures the comforting, milky light of the Moon and stars, an apprehensiveness stretches the muscles in my shoulders, causing them to stretch from the weight, I frown, bewildered and fearful of the taciturn forewarning.

Author's info- Hello, Reader!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I'M NOT DEAD! Omg, you have no idea how much I wanted to update this book! It's been killing me from the inside out! Life is so unfair and so demanding that it has taken away the free time I need to write and edit this book! I have been so busy and so exhausted from my busy schedule that I have not been able to update the book I love the most! I hope you guys can forgive me for taking such a long absence! But I am here noe and as an apology I updated! Yay! I hope you guys enjoy and AHHHHHH Newt was this close to finally being able to express his feelings towards Rose. But I have a reason for cutting him off and you will find out later in the book! The next chapter as a sweet moment, just a little fluff I wanted to add in there to relief myself of all the tense and depressing chapters that are gonna come our way! And there's a reason behind that too, but you'll find out later! I hope you are enjoying the book! Share any comments or critique you have for me and let's move on to the next chapter! Later reader!