Chapter 82-Intense Exchanges

"Thomas, come on! Someone's going to see you!" I hiss towards him "how many more lives is it going to take? How many more people are you going to round up and torture or kill? Huh? When does it stop?" Thomas growls towards her "it stops when we find a Cure", "oh my freaking Glade! When are you going to figure out what we already know for certain! There is no shucking Cure!" Thomas exclaims vexatedly, their faces are separated by mere inches, a proximity that allows their noses to brush against each other, I flicker my gaze between the intense exchange. "Thomas, just leave it, we're so close, just put your mask back on" I attempt to reason with him "don't waste your breath, Teresa", all of us whirl our attention towards the hallway leading towards the entrance where we currently stand, my breath hitches in the back of my throat and my features morph into horror, my head suddenly begins to feel light from the sudden retreat of blood, instantly, me, Newt and Thomas all elevate our guns, the distinct whir of life enters my ears as I aim my Launcher at the man that approaches us menacingly. Threating us with a weapon of his own "he made his choice a long ago", I attempt to balance my weapon, but it becomes strangely exigent as both of my hands shake noticably, in the corner of my peripherals, I notice more WICKED guards advancing towards us "DROP THE GUNS, KIDS!" One of them commands, without much evaluation, Thomas entraps the Betrayer within his arms, raising a gun to her temple minaciously, I almost falter from his actions, but never attempt to remove my glare from the man standing a few feet away from us "hello, Rose" he greets casually "hello, Janson" I sneer. "Back off! TELL THEM TO BACK THE SHUCK OFF!" Thomas demands, pressing the head of the gun menacingly against the Betrayer's temple "hey, Thomas", Janson advances slowly towards us "take another step, and I will blow your head off!" I shout towards Janson, he falters, momentarily taken aback by my threat, but his features morph into a complacent smile "come on, Thomas, it's me, I've known you all longer than you can remember", he takes another step closer, practically provoking me to shoot him "long enough to know that you're not going to shoot her, Thomas". "You don't think so?" Thomas retorts, breathing heavily, despite the confidence radiating off Thomas, Janson's egotistical smirk remains "okay then" Janson smiles, confidently lowering his weapon, allowing it to dangle impotently by his side "shoot her, prove me wrong" he goads, I momentarily flicker my gaze towards Thomas, although he maintains his glare on Janson, I notice the falter in his gaze, the way the weapon in his hand trembles with uncertainty and how his breathing accelerates "shoot her" Janson provokes Thomas, but before Thomas or the rest of us can move, the Betrayer swiftly twists herself from Thomas's grasp. As she liberates herself from his captive hold, she shoves him away from her, causing Thomas to crash into me, grunting from the force of his entire body weight ramming into me roughly, I detect my back also colliding into someone else's body behind me, I become certain it's Newt as he releases a shocked yelp from the impact, as we all stumble from the unexpected force of our own body weights, I watch the Betrayer unhesitantly pull a lever to activate a glass barrier that slams down upon the very area where we once stood, a secure click entering my ears. "CLEAR! CLEAR!", without a moment of uncertainty, Janson's gun releases a series of shots towards the glass, I flinch instinctively, cowering into myself, I detect myself being covered by someone else's body, I'm certain it's Newt by his familiar aroma and the accented curses escaping his lips, I prepare myself for the glass to shatter from the onslaught of bullets, but it remains intact, not even splintering around the impact sight of the bullets, realizing this, we all relax fairly, straightening ourselves from our cowering positions, I remove my helmet, deeming it pointless to wear now that we've been discovered. "Are you okay, Love?!" Newt questions me as he inspects my uncloaked features, but I can barely discern him due to the siren that now bellows into the air "yeah! I think so! What about you?!" I question him, removing his helmet for him, flickering my gaze around his feverish features for any sign of harm, as I caress his cheek, he overlaps his hand over my own "never better" he replies, sending me a weak smile, a gesture I return, but my smile falters as a familiar detection arises within my stomach, resembling that of a strong magnet coercing me forward. "Love, what's wrong?!" Newt questions me, noticing the sudden shift in my disposition "it's Minho, he's close", with those meek words, Newt's entire attitude changes "come on! We need to get moving now that they know we are here!" I inform him, he nods as marches down the hallway, I follow after him "Thomas! Come on!", gaze wide from the narrow escape, Thomas composes himself from his stupor, following after me, sparing a fleeting glance at the Betrayer, an egotistical smile curls the brims of my lips when I notice Janson pounding futilely on the glass. We storm our way down the hall, not sparing a glance at the suspicious and questioning glares of the Researchers that pass by, I march ahead of the group, allowing the unquestionable presence of Minho to guide me, as we veer to the left, the strain in my stomach grows more prominent, arriving upon a fork in our path, I confidently stroll towards the right, but as I glance back, I notice Newt isn't behind me, when I retrace my steps, I discover both Thomas and Newt are frozen in place, staring at a woman standing at the end of the opposite hallway "Paige".

Author's info- Hello, Reader! It's been a while! So I have officially started college now so I have to juggle both work and school now! So if updates are delayed, please be patient! I really am trying to update for you guys because I love writing this story! Anyway, I am so excited because we are so close to the end! I am excited and sad that this book will end, but don't worry, I still have that surprise that I have been preparing you since day one! I hope you guys are ready, this book is a messy rollercoaster and it will go by fast! I hope you guys are enjoying the book! If you are, smash that voting star, leave a comment and share with everyone you know! I want this book to blow up! Please make my dream come true! I love you guys! Stay safe and happy reading! Later reader!