Chapter 11-Hurtful Recollections

I chuckle sadly, shaking my head in disappointment towards myself "I just confessed how I really bloody feel to a girl who might not even bloody wake up", I cup her cheek, gentle to the delicate skin "but it's true, Love, I love you", I smile faintly as I lean my forehead against her own, I remain there, absorbing her in any way I can in case the inevitable worst were to come, but the rushed patter of feet enter the space, rooting me to straighten myself, dry my tears and gaze at whoever is entering, ensuring my hand is still locked around hers. Harriet strolls in with a barely conscious Aris leaning upon her, depending upon her for strength, with tittering steps, she brings him over to the bed beside my Rose, with Sonya, Tommy, Frypan and Brenda following close behind, Sonya appears in better shape than Aris, she settles down beside Aris, gazing at him worriedly as she gingerly attempts to clean the blood from his lip with a wet cloth, halting whenever the poor boy grunted out in pain "here, drink this" Harriet offers, handing him water, the boy sips hesitantly, as if scared it may vanish. "Took you guys long enough to rescue us", he smirks faintly, causing Tommy to chuckle "it's good to see you too, Bud", but with serious features, Tommy scoots closer to Aris "Aris, what happened?", the boy chuckles, his eyes bat over to Rose's still body "I did it for her", with tucked brows, I lean forward "they talked to her like she was dirt, so I fought back", his expression changes from a mildly joking one to a serious one "she got mad at me, said that what I did was futile", I gaze down at my Rose in horror. "It scares me to think of what she went through to break her so badly", I note the tears that pool around in his orbs "you're lucky you found us at all" Sonya informs us, placing a comforting hand upon Aris's thigh as the boy attempts to compose himself, an odd rush of protectiveness washes over me "WICKED doesn't like moving around that much, felt like something big was happening", dismissing the feeling for later, I shift uneasily and glance down at Rose's fingers, noticing the blood around her cuticles "you have any idea of where they're heading?" I probe. "All I know is, they kept talking about a City", Tommy twists his body to gaze at me, sharing my confused gaze "I didn't think there were any Cities left" Harriet speaks up "that's because there aren't" Brenda informs her "not still standing anyway" she adds, only worsening the uneasy atmosphere "okay, wait, what about Minho? Why wasn't he on the train?" Tommy questions, Aris and Sonya share a glance "I'm sorry, Thomas", Tommy furrows his brows "he was", before anyone could speak further a loud gasp sounds, shocking us and easily ending the conversation, following the sound to the origin, all eyes widen.

Rose's Point Of View
I gasp, gulping the air satedly and greedily, in sync, my orbs unlatch, only providing a battle ground of murky tints that clash together addly, allowing my breathing to slow, I blink furiously, clearing my vision, only it doesn't relieve my turmoil, I attempt to move, only for my bones to appear much heavier than usual, deeming myself vulnerable, I begin to pant loudly, essaying to grasp any memory of before my slumber that would abet me, only to be abandoned once again in confusion, but a familiar face hovers over me. Gazing down at me in unimaginable worry with familiar rotund orbs "sh" he calms me down, bolstering my cheek delicately as if I would break with any harsh movement, with tucked brows, I gaze up at him, unsure if I were envisioning "it's okay, I'm here, Love", my breath hitches, my orbs widen allowing my addle to be replaced by realization, only one person called me that, I recall, with tears arising within my orbs, I leisurely lift my hand, noticing how heavy it feels, hesitantly, I place it upon his skin, I huff out in relief and smile widely. His warm skin comforts my glacial hand, just as it always has "Newt", it's barely loud enough to be considered a whisper, but he discerns it, for his own joyful, tearful smile appears, illuminating his handsome features and stretching his lips "Rose" he sobs gently "you're here, you're real", it's mainly directed towards me as reassurance, for my brain was slowly processing that the boy I've been so avidly aching to envision was hovering over me, the distance between us was driving me crazy "last time I checked, Love" he quips, I smile foolishly "shut up and kiss me already". I crash his lips down upon mine even before he has enough time to react to my words, I cage his cheeks in my hands, keeping him close to me, he enacts the same, only more gentle, the link releases all the emotions that were hindered from us being apart for such a long time, I smile as his lips facilely mold against my own, he smiles too, sighing in relief, I allow my fingers to slither around his neck and slowly curl into his long, luscious locks, he moans dulcetly into my mouth as I tug on their ends. I sigh in blissful happiness, I finally have my Newt back, but as his hands dip and attempt to settle upon my waist, I wince, causing us to break our link of reunion, worry flashes across his features "you okay, Love?" He probes "yeah, I guess my ability is taking awhile with healing me completely" I reply candidly, nonetheless, I begin to sit up, Newt scrambles to assist me, placing a securing, yet ghostly hand upon my waist, I smile towards him "Newt, where am I?" I query him gently "don't worry, WICKED can't hurt you anymore, we're in Camp New Horizon".