Chapter 6

I walk through the front door of the Hunters Association to be greeted again with that same blinding white smile of the woman in the lobby.

"Hello Jay, welcome back so soon! What can I do for you today?"

I was a bit flustered with the abrupt greeting. How'd she remember my name?? I guess that's what she's paid to do...

"U-uhh I'd uh. I'd like to report a dungeon incident that happened to my team and me yesterday."

With no change in expression the woman nodded.

"Sure thing, right this way."

She walked me further back into the building this time It looks like we'll be in a private room. A few moments later after walking down a rather narrow hallway she opened a door on the left and motioned for me to enter. I took a step inside.

"Please wait one moment, I have to grab a representative. We will be right with you."

"O-Okay sure. I'll wait, take your time."

I walked into the small room. It had soft white walls, not too futuristic to the point where it would be ominous. There were two half oval beige couches in the center of the room surrounding a small rectangular table. I sat down in the middle of the couch on my left side and patiently waited.

About 3 minutes later two figures showed up at the door. There was a tall man at least 190cm with a tan olive color skin tone. He had short black hair that he managed to gel up a little bit. He wore a black suit, with a white undershirt, no tie, and rather shiny black shoes. He pushed his thin framed black glasses up to his eyes and greeted me with a weak smile.

His partner was a small woman, no more than 150cm tall with a cool white skin tone. She had bright green hair and green eyes to match it. The hair was very thick and wavy. It was put up in two ponytails that made right angles basically shooting straight off either side of her head. It must be the contrast from the white walls, or just the unique shape... but her hair was like nothing I'd ever seen. It really caught me off guard. She was wearing a small black suit and white undershirt as well to match the man, but it looked a little silly on her. The man opened his mouth to speak.

"Welcome to the Hunters Association Jay, E Class Hunter. My name is Mr. Raynard, and this is my partner Ms. Sotoro."

She immediately interjected.

"You can call me Abby, it's short for Abigail. Abigail Sotoro, nice to meet you."

She smiled wide, closed her eyes and bobbed her head back and forth and swung her legs a bit hitting the couch a few times until the man spoke again.

"We are D Class Hunters, representatives at the Hunters Association to file a report you've requested. Please explain to us what happened."

He looked at me with a bored look on his face and took out a notepad with a pen. Abby just sat there staring at me bobbing her head a little.

"O-oh uh yes I..."

I nervously retold the entire story as well as I could remember. I intentionally left out the part about my skill. I just hope they don't end up asking about my skills in the end because I didn't mention using anything but those explosive charges... plus I walked in here with a huge sword on my back.

The man's expression did not change at all as he noted everything he could on his pad. The woman was a bit more serious now, and looked up at her partner and back at me a few times.

It was silent in the room aside from a few pen straches and Abby's feet hitting the bottom of the couch every once and a while with the erratic swinging of the legs.