Chapter 7

I arrived at Alpine Square and walked over to the dungeon entrance. I jumped through without another thought.

I'm back already. I breathed in through my nose and took in the view of the familiar tall green grass, the bright blue sky, and the occasional tree out on the vast plane. I unsheathed my sword with my right hand and marched forward, it's time to kill some monsters.

After a few minutes of walking I came across my first goblin. It snarled and came running towards me. I gripped my new sword with both hands and raised it above my head. For a moment I locked my eyes on the target, took a deep breath in and out, then swung with all my might.

It felt so natural, like I had been training with a sword for years. It was a very heavy sword, close to 10kg if I had to guess but the added strength stat made using it feel as light as my old dagger.

The silver blade sliced through the goblin from the top of its head and all the way through its torso like I was slicing warm butter. Goblins are weak compared to my current skill level, but I was astonished at my newfound jump up in sword handling.

I just stood there and grinned ear to ear admiring my work.

For the few hours I made my way through the dungeon getting used to my new sword and swordsmanship skill. With my natural advanced speed and agility plus the swords added strength stat I felt invincible. After hours of skill use and running around the dungeon like a madman swinging my sword, I was getting a bit fatigued.

I had collected about 20 mana crystals and my pockets were getting full. It was mid afternoon and I was also getting pretty hungry. I walked back the way I'd came to the gate and decided to open my status.

[Status Open]

_____________________

Name: Jay Soju

Level: 26

Hp: 135/135

Mp: 45/135

Strength: 67 [+50]

Speed: 75

Agility: 80

Defense: 62

Mental Strength: 68

Skills:

Absorption

Swordsmanship

Items Equipped:

Stainless Steel Long Sword [+50 Strength]

_____________________

"My MP dropped that much???"

I didn't realize it at the time but even just from fighting goblins, it looks like using my swordsmanship skill for long periods of time drains my MP. Noted, I'll have to get used to my MP usage and keep a closer eye on it.

Swordsmanship is basically a passive skill that the hunter is constantly using in battle. Some skills like Battle Magic use a certain amount of MP per attack. Other skills like body hardening or swordsmanship will consume MP at a lower rate, but constantly drain MP as long as you're in battle. Of course, the more intense the battle become the more you will have to rely on your skill and hence, the more MP you will consume.

I made it to the village market in no time and walked over to the general store with the old merchant.

"Welcome back so soon Jay, what are you looking for this evening?"

I dug into my back pockets and dumped a small pile of mana crystals onto the counter.

"Looking to sell all of these. This sword is a beauty, glad I decided to keep it for myself."