Chapter 146

We walk into the Association's HQ after a long week of hunting. Maria happily carries our last Strengthening Fragments tight in her palm.

After Arie scans his ID on the door at the back of the lobby, all 4 of us make our way to the mini-market run by the Association.

Our guide Tripp left us by ourselves about 2 days ago. Apparently, breaking us in was a bit easier than predicted. Bringing the blond-haired Association lap dog around with us on our daily hunting was just keeping him from doing other tasks.

I'm glad he's not on our expeditions anymore, it makes teleporting into the mutant range much easier. Less walking and more training for all of us.

Everyone on the squad has grown past level 365. We're considered a pretty tough C-Class squad, at least for the new recruits.

As we walk closer to our drop-off point, I see the white-haired merchant lady waving to us with a smile.

Sophie was pretty outgoing to begin with, but she's gotten even friendly with the 4 of us as the week progresses. I hear her high-pitched voice ring out as we approach.

"Look who's back, does this mean what I think it does? The last one?"

Her eyes open wide as she bites her bottom lip in anticipation. Maria smiles and runs over in a half-skipping manner.

"It sure does, we got all 10!"

The cheerful blond and the excited merchant laugh together about something I decide to purposefully block out from my hearing.

I take the glimmering silver tablet out of my item storage to watch the number on it shift in front of my eyes.

____________________

[Jay Soju]

[Available Credits]: 0

[C-Class]

[Team Weekly Quota]:

[Strengthening Fragments][9/10]

[Reward]: 5 Credits

[Individual Weekly Quota]:

[NONE][0/0]

[Reward]: 0 Credits

____________________

Turns into:

____________________

[Jay Soju]

[Available Credits]: 5

[C-Class]

[Team Weekly Quota]:

[PENDING TASK][0/0]

[Reward]: [See Regional Director For Instructions]

[Individual Weekly Quota]:

[PENDING TASK][0/0]

[Reward]: [See Regional Director For Instructions]

____________________

I let out a long sigh.

"Well, this can't be good..."

I shift my gaze up from the tablet to see my other 3 team members staring at their shimmering silver plates with puzzled looks on their faces as well. At least we all got the same message, that's a good sign.

Maria flips her quota tablet around to show Sophie.

"Hey, what's all this about? Why do we have to go see the Director?"

The short white-haired woman scrunches her eyebrows and mutters something under her breath in a low tone.

"I had a feeling something like this would happen..."