Chapter 76

On my way home I grab a bite to eat and stroll around Alpine Park for a while to think about the monster I just faced.

It wasn't the dungeon boss, that's for sure. My only guess is it was a random mutant spawn, or has something to do with this skill... "Dungeon Walker". I'm leaning toward the latter.

As I ponder, I come across the old starter dungeon portal. This is the goblin dungeon where I started my journey as a hunter. I grin and jump through.

The fresh air, green grass, and blue skies are pretty nostalgic. I walk into the dungeon and admire the beautiful view around me. After 10 minutes or so of wandering, a goblin appears. I use inspect and appraisal.

[Lv. 4]

Active Items:

[Goblin Dagger] +5 Strength

Active Skills:

[NONE]

I laugh and watch the mini green man run toward me with determination across its face.

This is the perfect time for me to test out my new skills.

"Intimidation."

The goblin stops in its tracks and its eyes roll back into its head. Its little green knees buckle and it falls to the dungeon floor. I slowly walk around the creature examining it, then turn the monster into a pile of ash moments later.

I guess a stronger opponent would have been a better use of the skill... but at least I've learned how it to use it properly for the future.

"Now... it's time for Dungeon Walker."

I stare forward and concentrate. Instantly, a black and purple swirling portal appears in front of me. I slowly step inside.

Everything's dark.... Just like when that demon transported me before.

I concentrate harder. All of a sudden, I start to visualize all kinds of familiar places in my mind.

"These are... Other dungeons...."

In my mind's eye, I can see the distinct landscapes of every dungeon I've ever been to. It's incredible, but a bit overwhelming at the same time. There are so many pathways connecting every step I've ever taken inside every dungeon... it's like a massive map.

I gulp.

Then visualize the Minotaur dungeon from the capital. It's crystal clear in my mind.

I focus.

Then step through...

My eyes open wide as I take in the landscape of the Minotaur dungeon all around me.

"I can teleport... to any dungeon I've ever stepped foot in."

I check my status and am very surprised to see my MP read 955/1455. One jump took over 1/3 of my mana...

While concentrating again, a dark swirling portal appears in front of me. I step inside and visualize a dungeon nearby, the slime dungeon.

Just like that, I step out into the grassy plane and check my status, it reads 865/1455 MP.

"Interesting... closer jumps take much less MP."

I visualize the area 50m in front of me, then create a portal to jump through. Moments later I step out on the other side to check my status, it reads 855/1455 MP.

I grin.

Looks like this new skill is all figured out. It'll be even more useful than I imagined. This saves a ton of time for traveling. Plus, this finally explains where that demon came from... well, at least it explains how it got to another dungeon in the first place.