Chapter 121

The examiner from the C-Class exams is right in front of me...

The slim black-bearded man is sitting on a small couch striking a business deal with Bri.

My face goes pale and droplets of sweat start to form on my forehead as my eyes scan the room. I swallow hard as the tension only gets worse.

Rodrigo stares at me, not moving a muscle. He seems to be on guard as well, this isn't exactly the reaction I expected.

Bri slowly walks in between the two of us smiling and waving her hips back and forth as she struts forward. She looks me in the eyes and speaks in a soft yet powerful tone.

"Jay... It's a pleasure to see you again so soon."

She glances over at Rodrigo.

"It seems the two of you already know each other, how interesting."

Bri chuckles as Rodrigo finally speaks.

"Jay.... What are you doing here, and how exactly do you know my sister?"

I grin. This confirms what I heard earlier was true. They are siblings.

"Well, I came here to get some loot checked out and have a weapon crafted. She's the best in town, wouldn't you agree?"

He stares at me with a cold look in his eyes, answering through a clenched jaw.

"She... is.."

My smirk grows as I start to feel a bit more relaxed. Sure, an A-Class from the Association that's actively trying to recruit me as a test subject is standing right in front of me, but there are some pros to this situation too.

"Does the Association know about your illegal item smuggling? Or the fact that you're siblings with a Black Market loot dealer?"

Rodrigo looks over to Bri, then back to me.

"No, no they do not."

He begins glowing white while standing up slowly, the look on his face turns from mildly irritated to infuriated rather quickly. I grit my teeth and start glowing gold and red while reaching for my sword.

"Stop. Stop! You two...."

Bri steps between both of us lifting her hands in the air, glowing the same white color as Rodrigo. Out of curiosity, while powering down my skills, I use inspect and Appraisal on both of them.

I audibly gulp when I see the results.

____________________

[Lv. 488]

Active Items:

[Ring of Eternal Protection] +150% Defense

[Amulet of The Queen] +130% Mental Strength

[Greater Demon's Core] +50% All Stats

Active Skills:

Crafting [Legendary Grade]

Combat Magic [Advanced Light Summoning]

____________________

[Lv. 1391]

Active items:

[Ring of Eternal Protection] +150% Defense 

[Ring of The Dragon King] +210% Mental Strength

[Amulet of The King] +140% Mental Strength

[Ring of Divine Speed] +110% Speed +110% Agility

[Arch Demon's Core] +150% All Stats