Chapter 74

The darkness around me suddenly dissipated. I can see waves of black and purple energy dissolving all around me to reveal the dungeon's orange sky again.

I grip my sword tight and keep all of my skills active while staring down the odd sight before me.

This is a completely different section of the boss room. I can sense the presence of Maria and the High Orc we were just fighting almost 200m away now...

"But how..?"

The moment I spoke out loud a portal appeared about 10m in front of me. It's that same black and purple energy form before.... I grit my teeth and point my sword at it as an ominous being walks out slowly.

It's a humanoid creature holding a long silver sword and wearing lightweight armor that looks very similar to the High Orc's. The only issue here is... this thing doesn't look like the beasts in this dungeon at all. How could it be their Commander??

The monster in front of me is about 2.5m tall with dark brown skin and jet-black tattoo-like markings across its arms and chest. Horns protrude from its forehead on either side about 20cm, they shine ruby red and wrap around its skull pointing backward.

The Commander looks at me with no emotion on its face. I can see small black pupils glaring at me, but the rest of its eyes are completely white...

Suddenly the monster's pupils shrink and I feel a wave of invisible energy hit me.

Sweat runs down the side of my face and the monster begins to walk around me in circles very slowly.

I'm frozen with fear... My legs won't move the way my mind tells them to. What is this???

*SHINGGGG*

The Commander gracefully draws its sword and slashes me across the chest. Blood spurts everywhere and I take a huge deep breath in as the pain releases me from this trance.

I jump backward regenerating my wound and igniting my body into flames. My status reads 855/1275 HP and 1120/1275 MP.

The monster slowly circles around looking at me with its calm white eyes. Then a wave of fear hits me again...

I'm frozen.

It's like prey caught in the gaze of a far superior predator. All the possibilities and strategies of battle are rushing through my head, but for some reason, my body won't react. It's like I'm stunned.. completely helpless until the spell is released.

It charges forward.

*SHINGGGG*

Again, the sword cuts deep into my abdomen. Blood pours out and I'm released from the curse.

I jump backward regenerating while coughing up blood. I glare at the beast while checking my status again... it reads 435/1275 HP and 1110/1275 MP.

I tightly grip my blade and start to run at it, but am stopped dead in my tracks moments later by a wave of fear.

*SHINGGGG*

A clean shot to my neck. My eyes open wide as I fall to my knees. The commander watches over me calmly.

Blood pours out as I desperately regenerate and grab an HP potion from my item storage. My status reads out 15/1275 HP and 1090/1275 MP moments before I chug my healing potion....

This must be his skill... Intimidation...

I stand to my feet just to be hit with another wave.

*SHINGGGG*

Its sword plunges straight through my stomach and I gasp for breath as blood flows out of my mouth.

Again, I jump back and regenerate to the best of my ability.