Chapter 79

[Test 1][Time Remaining: 48 Hours]

Maria and I jump through the portal and enter a grassland dungeon. I can see 10 or so parties in front of us splitting off in all directions.

Not many people are using magic, they must be trying to conserve it for later.

We sprint forward and dive deep into the dungeon.

The grass is short, and there are patches of pink, yellow, and blue flowers. Occasional trees pop up into view, but they seem to be pretty rare.

After about 5 minutes of running, I hear a deep voice yelling out from behind us.

"HEY! You two, stop right there!!"

Maria and I turn our heads to see a massive bearded man chasing after us with a steel chest plate and an enormous silver sword. There are two shorter men behind him carrying swords as well. He keeps yelling.

"My first victims! Come here!!!"

His eyes are bloodshot and his teeth are showing through a malicious smile.

I take one look at Maria, she's grinning ear to ear.

I nod.

We stop running and turn to the group of men chasing us. Maria runs forward at them and begins to glow bright blue.

It's over in a matter of seconds....

She runs through them all leaving trails of ice in her tracks. With a single touch of her blade, they're all frozen solid instantly. She turns to me and laughs.

The leader still has an angry look on his face with his mouth wide open mid-yell as he points his sword high in the air. He's petrified in Ice standing upright with his dedicated followers frozen close behind him. They never saw it coming.

"I say we let them thaw out on their own."

I laugh back at her.

"Good idea. Those Idiots chose the wrong party to blindly attack."

We turn and continue running toward the back of the dungeon. A party approaches us from the rear as we're leaving, but swerves away at the sight of Maria's Ice sculptures. I turn to Maria mid-stride and point out the new party running away from us.

"This exam might be easier than we thought."

"Hmmph, might be."

Finally, about 20 minutes later we found our first monster. A horned rabbit... With a single kick, I easily killed it. It's still cool to see a new monster species though.

They're about half a meter tall and look like oversized muscular rabbits. They have bright white fur, red eyes, sharp jagged teeth, and a single brown horn protruding from their foreheads.

After the first one, I just ignored them moving forward. They're all between levels 5 and 15. There isn't much to worry about.

Another 20 minutes go by, and the hunters have really spread out a lot. I can only see one team in front of us far off in the distance, and none behind. That ice attack must have skewed the path people are willing to take....

As we continue, the party ahead of us starts becoming larger... No wait, we're just getting closer. It seems they've stopped moving.

We approach them cautiously but do not change our speed.

At closer inspection, I can see it's a team of 4. They're all wearing matching silver armor with gold accents. Their under-suits are white and elegant... its really nice gear. They seem to be examining a few sheets of paper while trading magic items around on the ground. A man with long blond flowing hair and bright blue eyes steps out in front of the other three and yells to us.