Chapter 59

I lifted the large mana crystal up in the air to show them the boss's loot, but the white transfer light already started.

We were all sent back to the dungeon's starting point. I heard Hudson's voice a moment later.

"That was much harder than I predicted it would be. Usually, one buff is more than enough. I'm glad we all made it out unharmed."

I looked at him with mixed emotions. I'm a bit frustrated with him for letting us all go into this potential death trap with him. On the other hand, he did warn us beforehand... and I'm really glad I got to fight an opponent of this magnitude. It'll prepare me for when I have to fight C Class monsters like this without aid from teammates in the future.

I replied and tossed the mana crystal up and down in my hand.

"Ehh it's fine, I had fun."

Nessa jumped in.

"Hey! It's kind of not fine! We almost all died!"

I nodded and shrugged.

"Yeah, but we didn't."

This post-fight adrenaline makes up for everything. I don't really care much about anything but riding this high as long as I can. Nessa was visibly annoyed but in a half-playful way.

Hudson laughed a little.

"Well, I think that's more than enough for today. Jay, would you like to come back to the guild with us?"

Nessa nodded at me.

"Yeah, you should come and check the guild out! I'd say we have a few things to talk about."

She winked.

"You're right. I'll come."

Nessa definitely saw me use a few skills at once. I don't think it matters though, as long as she doesn't go telling everyone in town about it.

You can tell a lot about someone when you're in a life-or-death situation with them. Even with my past issues, and the fact that we just recently met... I'm going to put my trust in Nessa, just like she put her trust in me during our battle with the boss.

We all stepped out of the dungeon and took the train back to the main Dungeon Hub.

The area is packed with hunters. Apparently, there's been a record-high amount of breaks and mutants today. I overheard the guards speaking to a crowd on our way out.

"All platform clearance ranks have been raised by 1 full class. It does not matter if you're in a party. You must be a C Class hunter to enter any of the D Class dungeons until further notice. Please bare with us, this is for your own safety."

That makes sense. This really must be the peak of the surge...

Hudson spoke up.

"Follow me."

He leads us through the crowd and out into the open street. We walked for less than 10 minutes and came across a tall silver building. It looked like every other office building in the city.

We walked through the front door and were greeted by two men in formal wear. One of them spoke to Hudson.

"Welcome back so soon, how'd the raid go today."

He replied.

"We had some issues, but everyone made it out unharmed. I brought in a new potential recruit, I'd like to talk to the guild master if he's free."

"Glad to hear it, I'll put in a request for you. Heal up in the training rooms, someone will come to get you once you've all fully recovered."

Hudson nodded and shook the man's hand while motioning us to follow.