Chapter 135

I stare straight ahead at the newly ranked-up Dragon in front of me. Just yesterday it was no more than half my size, now it's easily double. I grin and reply.

"Ember, I'm glad you're rank-up went as planned. There have not been any changes. Our labyrinth is running smoothly."

The jet-black glimmering Dragon begins to move around. The creature's speed has undergone a dramatic increase, while its finely honed cat-like agility remains as graceful and fluid as ever. The large monster glides through my piles of loot, circling me two times, then flapping its wings and lifting off into the air.

It hovers 10m above me for a moment, then glides back to the ground.

"Very well. If there is nothing new to report I will begin my next rank-up. This shouldn't take more than 6 months. Please take care of the place while I'm under."

I almost choke on my own tongue as I audibly gulp before replying through our telepathic link.

"Did you say 6 months? Half a year? It's going to take that long?!"

The medium-sized Dragon smiles at me showing off its razor-sharp bone white set up teeth.

"It's great, isn't it? Only 6 months and I'll already be at level 250. Having such a mana-dense Labyrinth is a lucky find. With readings like these, it's almost like we're in a Void Creeper's Domain. I haven't seen one of those disgusting creatures in a while. The last one I saw was before we even found this human realm. Those were the good old days weren't they?"

With a puzzled stare, I try to piece together this monster's babbling. There's one thing I'm certain of, 6 months is not going to cut it. With my current food and water supplies, I'll be lucky if I last another week....

I reply.

"Actually. There's been a change of plans, I completely forgot... The humans sent a series of raids into the Labyrinth while you were out. I didn't bother mentioning it earlier because they were far too weak to pay any mind."

Ember's eyes perk up. I continue.

"With that being said, your MP plundering allowance has risen. How much will you need to hit level 250? Is it considerably more than your first?"

"I'll need close to ten million MP to rank up again."

I nod, noting this very large increase... I'll need to make reasonable, but also take into account my own urgency for time. I swallow hard, then reply.

"One week. Try to get your next rank-up done within a week."

"Master- I mean Jay. Please consider your own safety. Plundering this much MP from even the largest of labyrinths would surely lead to a catastrophic collapse if done so abruptly. Sure, more monsters would invade the human realm, but it would be at the expense of another demon. That Demon, being you."

I let out an exhale.

"I understand. This is an order. You will plunder 1.5 million MP per day. Rank up within the week."

A sly grin comes across the Dragon's face again.

"As you wish. It's your funeral."

I give the black-scaled crimson-glowing creature a firm nod. Ember folds itself up into a ball once again and starts to harvest the mana all around it. With this, I get back to work as well. My next long week of training begins.

The words said by the Dragon before its slumber stuck in my head though... Something about "Void Creepers", could they have some correlation with the "Titans"? Also, Ember mentioned "the good old days" before "we found the human realm"...