Chapter 75

The Demon looks me in the eyes as our swords clash.

I grit my teeth and watch the sparks fly. I use plunderer while releasing a wave of flames through my blade toward the monster. It lets out a wave of intense intimidation as we test each other's limits.

My flames glow hot illuminating the area around us. I burst into a massive ball of fire pushing the monster backward while burning its chest and arms. It lets out a roar and disappears into a dark portal behind it.

I smirk.

This is the first time during our battle I've had the upper hand.

I sense a presence behind me and swiftly turn to block the incoming blade. We lock eyes again as sparks fly. I use its own mana against it. While refreshing my own MP up to full, I release another wave of flames and lunge forward.

It gets slightly burned but disappears into a dark portal once again.

We clash blades over and over for another full minute. I manage to land minor burns from my flames but our swordsmanship, strength, and speed are completely equal. One wrong move for either of us and the other will be critically injured.

Every time the demon appears I block and attempt a counter, but it's too crafty... The moment my blade touches its skin, it disappears into a void of darkness.

I scan the area around me and wait.... It's time to turn it up a notch. I'm going to try something different this time.

I sense a blade appear behind me, but purposefully don't turn around to block it. The sharp metal sword slices deep into my back and out through my stomach on the other side. I would have definitely darted away or blocked in any normal circumstance, but this is part of my plan...

"Body Hardening"

Black crystals form around the exit and entrance wounds. I feel the monster attempt to pull its sword free, but it's stuck inside me.

I grin and twist my body while swinging my sword at the Demon's neck. Its eyes open wide with fear.

*SHINGGG*

It's a hit! A deep fiery gash appears on the monster's throat and it shrieks while falling backward into a black portal.

I rip out its sword from my stomach and fall to my knees... blood gushes out as my vision starts to fade. I regenerate and struggle to grab one more HP potion. While shaking my head and chugging the potion I slowly stand to my feet regaining full consciousness.

A hand appears from the void and grabs the bloody sword off the ground while I regain my strength.

Seconds later, it appears from a portal behind me.

"This is it...."

I stare down at my bright red glowing sword and concentrate every last bit of MP I can into the blade. Berserker is active, and my body is covered in dark red flames. With a yell, I spin my body toward the danger and go in for the kill.

"ARHHHHH!"

I feel its blade sink into my stomach as I turn... but I pierce its chest as well.

My sword glows brightly as it releases all my flames deep into the Demon's heart. I suck it dry of mana using plunderer while burning its body to a crisp.

Both of us let out a final battle cry as it attempts to lift its blade. Again, I use body hardening to stop it in its tracks while continuing to plunge my fiery blade deeper and deeper.

A portal appears behind the monster, but It's much more transparent than before. The dark purple magic is beginning to fade. It can't escape.

Moments later... our battle is finally over.