Chapter 157

I watch the ground get closer and closer as the Berserker lies in wait below.

"This is the only way."

I toss the small Black Strengthening Fragment into my mouth and prepare for its full power to be unleashed. As the tingling sensation in my fingertips begins, I get a nagging sensation on my telepathic link. It's Ember.

"Master, this is not wise."

I clench my jaw while the gem begins to activate. Pins and needles form all over my body and the warm feeling of near-limitless mana begins pouring into my chest, then circulating through my veins.

Letting out a gasp, I begin charging my blades without a moment's hesitation, then reply.

"This must be done. Just catch me when I fall."

"Understood."

Blades glowing, and Dungeon Walker Activated, I blip around to the backside of the one-armed, heavily breathing Berserker.

In less than 10 seconds, a 15k MP attack has already easily been charged. This is far more powerful than anything I've thrown at the beast so far. I release it instantly, charging another one up as I Dungeon Walk to its opposite side.

A flash of white flight followed by the fiery explosion clouds my vision, but I push through.

The moment I see a dim red glow from within peek out, I release another full-force 15k MP attack.

The negative effects of the Strengthening Fragment are starting to take place. Even pumped up on battle adrenaline, the influx of mana into my bloodstream is overwhelming. Releasing 15k MP attacks with no cool down in between is extremely painful, but euphoric at the same time.

The feeling of a thousand tiny knives piercing my body returns, partnered with both hot and cold sensations all over confusing my senses.

With a yell, I let out another 15k MP attack straight into the fiery cloud rubble hoping to get a final shot in on the mutilated monster.

With my vision blurring, I try to charge a 4th attack, but it's no use... My eyes roll into the back of my head and I black out, just like the last time I tried one of these fragments.

Everything goes dark....

"..."

[Level Up]

"Master."

"..."

"Master, it looks like you're moving again."

I let out a groan as I wake up to the "Level Up" notification bringing me to level 409.

My bones feel frail and my muscles ache like they're about to snap.

I try to use self regeneration, but realize I'm completely out of MP. Moving my head back and forth slowly while sitting up and adjusting to the light, I take in the view.

A large crater has been made in the middle of the perfect smooth square-shaped battlefield. Ember sits beside me, and both of my blades rest on the ground nearby.

"Did... I kill it?"

"You did, and we've leveled up too."

I see a grin creep across the Dragon's face.

Letting out a chuckle as I groan and stand to my feet I reply.

"I knew you wouldn't be too mad if there was something in it for you as well. You'll rank up in no time."

I place a hand on the glossy scales lining the monster's back.

"Mind if I borrow some MP?"

"It's all yours, Master."