Chapter 194

I stare at myself in the mirror, then turn to see my reflection in 3 different angles. The first thing that comes to mind is the thought of someone staring back at me from the other side.

It may be an overly paranoid assumption, but it feels pretty reasonable to me right now.

The only break I get from the nauseating sight of mirrors infinitely reflecting my image back to me is a heavy metal door on the 4th wall of the small room.

It has no handles or keyholes. It's sealed off completely, most likely locked from the outside.

I activate conceal to hide all my skills and odd items except for my fire magic and blade handling skills. I'm back into Association territory, it is best to stay on my best behavior.

Thick red liquid continues to drip from my chest and abdomen. I have a few pretty deep wounds, and my HP bar is slowly ticking down as I lose more blood.

I uncork the HP potion in my left hand and drink it at once, still looking straight at myself in the mirror to my right.

I feel the cool green liquid start to heal my wounds, but it mostly just regenerates my HP. There's still severe visible scarring and it's painful to the touch.

A quick self regeneration would heal me up fine, but I'm still unsure If I'm being watched. It's better if I save using any suspicious skills for another time.

I squint my eyes and step closer to the mirrored wall on my right side. Less than half a meter away from the reflective surface, my gaze darts back and forth, then I activate my All-Seeing Eye.

The moment I turn my ability on, the pain in my head returns and I'm hit with an unsettlingly claustrophobic feeling. All I can sense is the room I'm standing in. The walls around me are shielded off with dense mana thicker than I can perceive in my weakened state.

I cut my skill off before my headache gets any worse, and let out a sigh.

This all makes sense, but it's a bit nerve-wracking...

Fisher did say if I were to transport here while touching a monster, it would come with me. The Association must have safety precautions to keep whatever transports in here contained until dealt with.

I gulp, then bring my hand up to the mirror before me and knock on the glass.

An odd sound rings out.

It's a combination of a muffled buzz being interrupted by each tap and a light echo following.

My gaze tightens even more and I place a finger up against the mirrored wall. It looks like my index finger is touching my reflection exactly, there's no gap at all...

This is much different from my mirror back home.

I bring my hand away from my reflection again, then ignite a small flame in the palm of my hand. It burns dark red, and the area of glass nearby begins to glow slightly, like the light is shining through.

I clench my jaw and look around, then yell out loud.

"Hey... I know you're watching! W-What is this place...?"

My head begins to spin as I piece everything together.

This much be a trap.. right?

I'm in a mana-shielded cell with a 2-way mirror on every side.

I curse under my breath.

"This is the Director's doing isn't it."

Gritting my teeth and ignite my whole arm into dark flames, then reach down to grab my sword.