Chapter 160

I stare down at my black sword. It begins to glow red, flickering with crimson flames as I charge it up with two C-Class MP bottles worth of mana worth 5k points.

Fisher may have said brute force won't work, but he doesn't know what kind of brute force I'm capable of. Activating all of my stat-boosting skills I begin to glow red and gold.

I release the charged-up blast straight at the stone cliff before me. It explodes into a fireball just like my previous attack, making a deep crater in the rock. Fragments of mountainside fly everywhere and the dust settles a few seconds later.

Looking at the hole in front of me, I grin while reaching for more potions to charge up a second attack.

"This is gonna be easy..."

Over the next 30 minutes, I throw 9 more attacks. This is roughly 50k MP output in total.

The first 3 or 4 of these strikes are pretty promising blows, they look less than 5 minutes altogether. They blast chunks of boulders in all directions allowing me to make my way further into the mountain's side by about 5 meters each time.

The problem I begin to run into after these initial strikes is the leftover rubble left in place after each explosion... When I first pictured digging a hole through this mountain of rock, I didn't take into account the fact that I'd have to put the excess waste somewhere...

Luckily, I have just the place to carry large amounts of immovable matter.

"Spacial Magic."

Opening my white spinning pocket dimension that I use as item storage, I carefully move large pieces of stone from inside as I continue to dig deeper into the mountainside. With every full power attack I throw, the same size explosion is created, making the tunnel into this mountain base about 4-5 meters wide.

I think about using both of my blades. It would surely make a bigger explosion, but the amount of physical strain one of those attacks does on my body is pretty damaging. One sword is more efficient on my body as well as MP stores.

Another 30 minutes pass and I let out another 8 attacks.

My breathing is starting to get heavier and the excess amount of mana being used is beginning to take its toll on me already....

I'm just about 100m into the mountain, with 18 attacks thrown at it. That's around 90k MP worth of potions, at this rate, It'll be just enough to make it though....

There are two problems I'm facing so far. First, the timeframe. A full hour to only make it 1/10 of the way through isn't going to cut it.

I grit my teeth and begin charging up my blade again.

"I'll just have to go twice as fast."

Secondly, all this mana excess usage is tiring me out. Nearly 100k MP an hour is impossible to keep up for long. Using a million in a day sounds insane...

My joints are starting to itch with that sore feeling that I get after overseeing mana. My muscles are tightening up too, but it's not that bad just yet.

I've had it way worse. I can keep this up, I just need to figure out how to improve...

Hacking away at this stone wall isn't helping me train in the slightest. My mana control may increase in proficiency by a small amount from using up all this MP, but that isn't the point of Fisher's training session. There must be some kind of trick to this...

Gripping my glowing blade and staring at the cave wall before me, I let out a frustrated grunt. After thinking things through for a few more minutes, I start again.