Chapter 167

I expand my enemy detection range further and further into the depths of The Great Plains Dungeon in a panic...

Just moments ago, there was another Titan not so far outside my Dungeon Walker's range.

To me it was 10 days ago... so my memory is a bit foggy, but I'm sure I would have stayed in this one much longer to train if I knew there wasn't another left.

I'm positive I was saving that one for last.

I grit my teeth and open up the Telepathic link with Ember to see if he has any input.

"Our last Titan vanished into thin air... has this ever happened to you before?"

The slowly waking Dragon replies.

"It has... Sometimes they disappear through the rift if danger is too abundant in an area. Give it a day or two, they'll be back, I'm sure of it. Don't worry."

I shove my sword into my item storage with a frustrated look on my face.

"The rift..? What's the- I- ugh. Never mind that. If I knew this sooner, I wouldn't have wasted the last 3 on such short sessions... Even though I got a few Fragments out of it, I still need more training.

Ember nods.

"Understood, we can come back tomorrow and continue if you'd like. I don't think the Titans will abandon this Dungeon over a single incident. They're long-term thinkers. It'll take many repeated events to scare them off."

I sigh, taking a look around the dungeon one last time with my enemy detection skill. Confirming once again, the only remaining Titan is right next to that B-Class and their partner.

The air feels thin... lacking pure energy.

I've gotten used to a high-density mana environment again, I'll have to adapt back to using mana potions and crystals soon. I'm sure this time will be a bit easier to adjust.

Going back to the labyrinth right now is my safest bet.

"That seems to be our only option."

Although my training was cut short, I've more than doubled my total MP consumption. That 16M MP would have taken over 1.6k Gold Coins at market price.

I've definitely improved... I'm just not quite sure how much yet.

I teleport back to the 10th-floor Inn, materializing into my small bedroom. Dust flies up in the air at my sudden appearance and the dungeon's artificial sun shines through the dirty window.

I make my way downstairs.

I've had more than enough rest. Another month has gone by in my mind, but the world around me hasn't changed at all.

It's a bit less rattling this time because I knew it'd happen from the start. Still, I can't help from feeling like I've found some kind of unlimited power cheat code....

I could go back there and train every time the Titans respawn... As long as I bring enough food and water, I can indefinitely train my mana control.

Walking down the wooden stairs of the Inn, a smile creeps across my face as my feet make light-taping sounds that echo throughout the main tavern area.

The first voice that greets me is the Innkeeper along with his cheerful smile.

"Morning to ya Jay! You've been knocked out cold for hours, how was your sleep?"

I smile, walking by him to take a seat on one of the empty circular tables.

"Ah not bad, not bad, Mr... uhm-"