Chapter 133

The meter-tall ruby egg I fell asleep next to has shattered. The top of it is cracked open and small red fragments of the shell-like material are all over the ground.

I can't believe my eyes.

A jet-black glimmering Baby Dragon is standing right in front of me eating my mana crystals like candy.

*Crunch*

I activate inspect and appraisal.

____________________

[Lv. 1]

Active Items:

[NONE]

Active Skills:

Plunderer [Mythic Grade]

Combat Magic [Advanced Fire Summoning]

Buffs:

Guardian's Alliance [0/1]

____________________

The creature blinks at me with its crimson eyes and black pupils. Sharp white teeth bite down on another mana crystal as it flips its long pointed tail back and forth.

I just stare straight ahead in awe with my mouth wide open.

"It's really a Baby Dragon...."

Everyone and their mother has heard stories about Dragons. They're great mythical creatures that guard their treasures at any cost. The strongest, oldest, and most wise of all monsters.

How did I get my hands on a Dragon?

I gulp as we stare at each other in silence. The only noises present are the light humming of mana in the air and occasional crunches as the little creature continues to snack on the pile of pink crystals.

Almost a full minute passes, then the creature whips its tail around from its backside to poke my right leg. The creature backs up slightly, and prods at my back jeans with a small sharp arrow-tipped tail.

On the fourth poke, my jean fabric rips and its tail touches the skin on my calf. I look down and quickly pull my leg backward while flinching. It didn't hurt that much, but it was an unexpected pin prick. This monster may only be level 1, but that tail is still sharp...

The creature jumps backward to match my retreat, the abrupt movements startled it too. I look up with a smile putting my hands in the air, but what I see leaves me in awe once again...

There's a rectangle of blue text floating over the Baby Dragon's head. I read it carefully.

____________________

Guardian's Alliance [0/1]

Accept The [Demon/Dragon] Guardian's Alliance:

[YES][NO]

____________________

Baffled by the events unfolding in front of me I choose yes. There's no reason not to be on the same team as a Dragon...

The blue text above the small creature disappears. It shows me a wide toothy smile, then chomps down on another mana crystal.

Jaw hanging open, I continue to awkwardly stare. The meter-high creature crawls over to me with agile steps. It flawlessly weaves around the fallen mana crystals all over the ground with cat-like precision. Its agile winding body looks like a slithering snake as it approaches.

I just accepted its alliance, and this creature is only level 1. There are close to 0 threats, and it looks friendly enough... I watch it approach, while I let down my guard.