Chapter 77

*Screeeeech*

The train finally makes it to the capital as the sun rises.

We all walk out onto the platform and take in the view of a busy market. It looks like everyone's in high spirits today.

I follow Jack through the market as the hunters and merchants go about their daily business dealings. We make our way toward the Hunters Association's main headquarters in the city.

Once we arrive in the general vicinity, large crowds start forming. Jack spoke up with a grin.

"Looks like we're in the right place!"

There's a slow line that has formed entering the main building, we got in and stood patiently. There are all kinds of people waiting beside us. Rei starts pointing at some of them and explaining a few things.

"See those 4 there? It looks like they're a group of 3 hunters and a guild master, pretty similar to us. Groups like this will be the most common."

I use inspect.

[Lv. 361]

[Lv. 254]

[Lv. 252]

[Lv. 251]

The level 361 is an old man with short grey hair, light skin, and dressed in a formal suit.

The other 3 seem to be your average-looking hunters, with decent gear. It's your run-of-the-mill steel swords and steel armor adding 200+ or so stats for each stat category. Some of it is battle worn, but it does the trick. They're definitely from a small-town guild like us.

Rei points at another group.

"See them over there? It seems that group of 5 is from the Hunters Association. You can tell by their gear."

I use inspect.

[Lv. 250]

[Lv. 250]

[Lv. 250]

[Lv. 250]

[Lv. 250]

They're all exactly level 250.... And Rei is right. Their armor is all lightweight steel and exactly the same style with dark bodysuits underneath. That's the Association for you, predictable and organized.

Rei points behind us as a group of 7 arrives. The crowd moves out of the way to let them get in line behind us. She whispers to us in a low voice.

"It seems a party from the big 3 has arrived. These guys are no joke, one of the Viridian Guild teams is here."

I use inspect.

[Lv. 544]

[Lv. 269]

[Lv. 267]

[Lv. 266]

[Lv. 266]

[Lv. 265]

[Lv. 263]

This team is being lead by a B Class hunter... They are no joke...

All of their gear looks brand new. There are two big tanks and 4 smaller hunters with them that look like some kind of sword or combat types, but none have their weapons drawn. They're all wearing matching dark green raid suits underneath their shining armor. Some of it is % based, other pieces are 300+ stat boost. This is some serious gear, definitely funded by a top guild.

As we move further and further up the line Rei pointed to one last team of 3.

"Hmm, looks like there's a wild card team. Look, It speaks for itself."